Road Bike Frame Colour Schemes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I was was wondering how important is the frame colour scheme when purchasing a road bike. Have you ever loved a bike's after riding it but decided not to purchase because of the frame colour?

Which manufacturer produces road bikes with frames that you like the colour schemes the most. For me in general I think it's Giant and I'm usually most disappointed with Specialized.

Please post pics of your favourite road bike frames in terms of colour and asthetics ignoring all technical aspects of the frame and the rest of the bike.

Here are some of mine and they range from cheap to relatively expensive:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

MY19-TCRADPRO0-D-Color-A.jpg

MY19-TCR-ADV-3-Color-B.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

8.jpg

8.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:

rugby bloke

Veteran
This is my latest ride - I love the bike but its taking me a long time to like the color scheme:

upload_2019-1-21_12-11-36.png

rugby bloke

Veteran
You don't see it from this angle but yellow used for the text is also used for the top of the top tube - just not convinced the yellow and blue work together. However, as a bike is for riding and not looking at I'm not too fussed !

vickster

Legendary Member
Most colours are ok for bikes...except black or battleship grey :whistle:

My favourite colour in the stable is burnt copper

Ti I like for simplicity and the freedom to add whatever colour via tape, cages, cables

However, the frame shape and design is more important than the colour...it's been a very long time since any carbon framed bike has made me go ooh in whatever colour

Attachments

• IMG_4167.JPG
    IMG_4167.JPG
    300.5 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_4683.JPG
    IMG_4683.JPG
    326.7 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:

rivers

How far can I go?
I'm quite fond of my two...
48376472_975972427935_1552102134533586944_o.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.jpg

mgs315

I don’t tend to mind on actual colour, as long as it looks good. If you have multiple bikes then as long as they complement each other then it makes clothing choice easier.

For example my two:

4D96FAF4-FE42-44A5-8BB4-8151979BDDDF.jpeg

CE7AB0B8-C261-4CF3-9BD2-EE58252F7910.jpeg

They don’t look too similar here as one is studio and one is outside but the orange blue and black helps to keep down the number of matching clothing required. Yes I’m a tart.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Matt Black /charcoal/gunmetal grey. Raw unidirectional carbon can be very beautiful, like grey/black matt marble.

Top Bottom