Road Bike Frame Colour Schemes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Distorted Vision
I just bought my first road bike!

cannondale-synapse-carbon-disc-105-2018-road-bike-blue-EV308139.jpg

vickster

Legendary Member
You posted all those pretty colours and ended up with black...sigh :banghead:

Enjoy ;)

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
Bikes look lighter (weight) in lighter colours. Tourers can be dark green but not racing bikes. Black is ok on a racing bike if it's carbon, but not otherwise.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
This is the latest bike I have bought---
View attachment 448357
Very nice.

The traditional colour schemes were so much prettier than those of today.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Good thread.

I was going to buy a Boardman Team Carbon, but then saw this (very short lived) colour scheme on the Pro Carbon and immediately decided to spend the extra cash:
IMG_20160903_091856590_HDR.jpg

In the right light the silver looks like liquid and the green really pops.
Several people have stopped me to comment on it / ask about the bike and on the day I picked it up one woman spotted me wheeling it out of the shop and refused point blank to believe that Halfords sold bikes like that...

Then a bit later I'd all but decided to buy a 2018 Giant Contend SL2 as my new winter bike* - 10 speed Tiagra, a great colour scheme, good reviews, fitted like a glove:
sl2.JPG

But then I spotted the 2018 Contend SL1 - 11-speed 105 and an even better colour scheme and it would match the Pro Carbon with it being green.
I immediately spent the extra £200 :laugh:

sl1.JPG

And so it was decreed that any future bikes would also have to be at least partly green :whistle:

* - ironically, I'd ruled Boardman out of the running for this bike as I didn't like any of the colour schemes on the models that fitted the bill.

Last edited:
Top Bottom