Road Bike Frame Colour Schemes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
The traditional colour schemes were so much prettier than those of today.

So true. Most modern road bikes look really garish. It's very rare to come across anything remotely tasteful looking, and they tend to be the niche market traditional steel ones..

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
This is my Specialized Tricross, it’s the colour of sh*te!
I photographed the bike next to a pile of sh*te and it’s the same!
7DAA3A75-FAF4-42C8-80B6-CF30AE786F2B.jpeg
91246436-DB1C-4E4B-AB4C-633687AF81F7.jpeg

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
This is my Specialized Tricross, it’s the colour of sh*te!
I photographed the bike next to a pile of sh*te and it’s the same! View attachment 448891 View attachment 448892
It looks so awful that it actually looks rather nice, I'd be happy on it. If you're going to do ugly, do it properly.

The colour reminds me of a former girlfriends underwear.

Globalti

Legendary Member
There are several different shades of celeste, which means "heaven" in Italian. You can't appreciate it from a photo. To enjoy it properly you have to see it in daylight and touch the lines of the bike and enjoy the silky feel of the matte finish.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
It looks so awful that it actually looks rather nice, I'd be happy on it. If you're going to do ugly, do it properly.

The colour reminds me of a former girlfriends underwear.

I used to have a beaten-up old 998cc Mini commuting hack in British Leyland's finest shite brown livery. It looked awful, especially with a 4" wide strip of sheet metal pop riveted to the door bottoms where they had rusted away - but I could leave it anywhere and it never got touched. In my defence I only paid £200 for it and I had a much nicer "Sunday best" one in Red.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I used to have a beaten-up old 998cc Mini commuting hack in British Leyland's finest shite brown livery. It looked awful, especially with a 4" wide strip of sheet metal pop riveted to the door bottoms where they had rusted away - but I could leave it anywhere and it never got touched. In my defence I only paid £200 for it and I had a much nicer "Sunday best" one in Red.
"Awful" is cool in it's own way. Miles better than just dull.

Although like every Mini, it'd probably still go like s**t off a shovel from the traffic lights... ;)

Top Bottom