Road rage

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Typically can't discuss just ban people s view if you don't agree with them pathetic.
It's extremely difficult to have a discussion with someone who is so unwilling to justify their arguments that they suffix their statements with the phrase 'end of'.

I'm willing to discuss this topic and I'd like to know what is your evidence for stating that corporal punishment in children does no harm, and what is your evidence that corporal punishment in children leads to decreased incidence of violence, specifically road rage, later in life?

Discuss away.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
It's extremely difficult to have a discussion with someone who is so unwilling to justify their arguments that they suffix their statements with the phrase 'end of'.

I'm willing to discuss this topic and I'd like to know what is your evidence for stating that corporal punishment in children does no harm, and what is your evidence that corporal punishment in children leads to decreased incidence of violence, specifically road rage, later in life?

Discuss away.

You wont :whistle: - I'm surprised the thread title actually had something to do with the thread content for a change. :whistle: I'll be told to "jog on" in a moment.

winjim

Smash the cistern
You wont :whistle: - I'm surprised the thread title actually had something to do with the thread content for a change. :whistle: I'll be told to "jog on" in a moment.
I like to think I'm making a robust but fair challenge over something I have strong opinions about. As I alluded to upthread, the responses, or lack of, to such a challenge can be informative in themselves. Maybe less so about the subject and more so about the poster...

Brandane

Legendary Member
Better to give them a good hiding
No, no; NO!!
Far better to let them do whatever they like. To do anything else might adversely affect their personal development, and they might grow up believing that there are restrictions on their behaviour, and consequences (other than having their Playstation taken off them for an hour) to be faced if they cross the line in the sand. :rolleyes:

OP
OP
B

Biker man

Discuss away.
I am the proof I never get road rage or any other kind of rage I know right from wrong , because I was taught right from wrong , My Dad ruled the house and you were taught respect sadly that doesn't happen today .

All uphill

Still rolling along
I am the proof I never get road rage or any other kind of rage I know right from wrong , because I was taught right from wrong , My Dad ruled the house and you were taught respect sadly that doesn't happen today .
Was it respect or fear?

Was your mother less than an equal?

I'm genuinely interested having grown up in a household where the adults kept us children safe with clear boundaries and no hitting.

si_c

Guru
Anecdote is not evidence.

si_c

Guru
I'm genuinely interested having grown up in a household where the adults kept us children safe with clear boundaries and no hitting.
My Dad never hit me, not once. He never had to, he found other ways to teach us how to behave and make the right choices without resorting to violence.

winjim

Smash the cistern
We've already established that your ideas of right and wrong are different to mine, so we're not going to agree on that point and it can be disregarded. As for your personal experience regarding road rage, I'm happy that you manage to go through life in a permanent state of zen-like calm, but that is just your personal experience. I'd rather see some actual evidence.

Fat Lars

It's impossible to avoid criticism of any public utterance that smacks of racism, homphobicism, and any other ....ism you can think of these days. So biker even though you know in your heart that the way you were brought up made you respect others and behave in a civilised manner as an upright member of society, there are folk who will always challenge you successfully about the apparently harsh methods your parents used.
You cannot win the argument. But it doesn't matter. Winning the argument on here doesn't make them right. It may be right for them but not for you.
I was given the cane at school for talking in class on the first day of term. The Headmaster wanted to make an example of me. He was a magistrate and was used to dealing out punishment to all and sundry. I'm sure he thought he was teaching me a lesson of respect and was fully justified but it turned me from an extrovert to an introvert. I was very very upset by it.

OP
OP
B

Biker man

Anecdote is not evidence.
Y
It's impossible to avoid criticism of any public utterance that smacks of racism, homphobicism, and any other ....ism you can think of these days. So biker even though you know in your heart that the way you were brought up made you respect others and behave in a civilised manner as an upright member of society, there are folk who will always challenge you successfully about the apparently harsh methods your parents used.
You cannot win the argument. But it doesn't matter. Winning the argument on here doesn't make them right. It may be right for them but not for you.
I was given the cane at school for talking in class on the first day of term. The Headmaster wanted to make an example of me. He was a magistrate and was used to dealing out punishment to all and sundry. I'm sure he thought he was teaching me a lesson of respect and was fully justified but it turned me from an extrovert to an introvert. I was very very upset by it.
I was often caned sometimes in front of the whole school assembly three of us was called up for smoking didn't do use any harm character building I would say .

OP
OP
B

Biker man

Sorry to hear that it's the way it was in those days,Some were worst than others try and forget and make the best of things.

Last edited by a moderator:

Alex321

Veteran
You are not proof of anything, and cannot be. Nor are any of us as individuals.

One example proves nothing.

Top Bottom