Road ragers should wear helmets

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
glenn forger

glenn forger

Cyclist politely remonstrates with dangerous driver, gets assaulted and is then criticised for having escalated the situation.

400bhp

Guru
Great video, very entertaining..

1. but I am not sure I would carry on provoking such an ignorant douchebag in these circumstances. Better to be right and alive than right & dead/injured !

2. People with the physique of Daddy Pig should not try chasing and kicking cyclists !

IMO the cyclists knew that, because of 2., the driver could not have done 1.

And who was the boy in the car. Love the fact that he sits there nonplussed. Maybe the driver has form:whistle:

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Cyclist politely remonstrates with dangerous driver, gets assaulted and is then criticised for having escalated the situation.

No, I have no criticism of the polite remonstration whatsoever. It could have ended very nicely if the Pug driver had been polite in return. I have spoken to drivers before and had a good-natured perfectly civilised discussion. I have also enjoyed some verbal jousting from time to time.

But, sticking around to receive even more abuse whilst Mr Angrypants begins to steam from his ears is not something I would generally view as a productive use of my time. Continuing any sort of debate with such morons is futile and not without risk.

It is like trying to teach the proverbial pig to sing. You just annoy the pig with utterly predictable results.

The close pass and first exchange of words captured on video is more than enough to reveal the Peugeot driver as a complete bell-end, and I remain grateful to the film-maker for the trouble taken to record and broadcast over 3 minutes of pig-baiting entertainment. Chapeau !

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Common assault and threat to kill - said in the heat of the moment, but that type of threat often is.

Mm, to be devils advocate, I think there is space to relinquish the road at the point of overtake out of courtesy, but that doesn't forgive the subsequent actions by the driver. I would not have followed the car, for fear of involving myself in the likely angry confrontation, and the fact that the registration number was noted, would have been sufficient to report to our county-wide 'Anti-social' driving website, which can be referred, by Sussex Safer Roads, to the police..
After this confrontation, what is the likelihood of this particular driver having even less regards for cyclists, perhaps an example of the law of unexpected consequences.

I realise that we are all different, but confrontation often raises anger, and loss of control - the last thing I want for someone driving a vehicle.

DWiggy

Über Member
BRILLIANT!! although the pass didn't seem that bad tbh but the end part....the end part was just AMAZING! ...So funny

Mm, to be devils advocate, I think there is space to relinquish the road at the point of overtake out of courtesy, but that doesn't forgive the subsequent actions by the driver. I would not have followed the car, for fear of involving myself in the likely angry confrontation, and the fact that the registration number was noted, would have been sufficient to report to our county-wide 'Anti-social' driving website, which can be referred, by Sussex Safer Roads, to the police..
After this confrontation, what is the likelihood of this particular driver having even less regards for cyclists, perhaps an example of the law of unexpected consequences.

I realise that we are all different, but confrontation often raises anger, and loss of control - the last thing I want for someone driving a vehicle.

I'd argue he already had scant regard for them in the first place - he might think twice before performing a close overtake again - and if the police have a word regarding the assault, then he might think twice about mouthing off and making threats... he might also think the next cyclist has a camera and may even adjust his thuggish behavior accordingly.
So, looks like he already hates cyclists but might give them a bit more space in the future - I'd say the overall effect of the video and confrontation would be positive in that its made the roads a marginally safer place

Gains84

Oh man that was a brilliant ending, if that had been water instead of concrete i think his entry would barely have made a splash...as it was i think he got what he deserved!
Wonder what he told his passenger? "The cyclist sucker punched me"! Too much barely contained rage in the world these days!

Top Bottom