Road tyres for MTB and saddle position?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Sloth

Sloth

Confused now ...... I'll try to look at the current tyres tomorrow.
I assumed the sticker on the rim would tell the size but it seems not.

vickster

Legendary Member
Does the fork look out? Otherwise that bike is always going to be unpleasant, slow and bouncy on the road compared to a rigid fork, whatever the tyres

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
Will a 40mm tyre fit on a 17mm rim ok thought (no idea hence asking)
Yes, theyā€™ll be fine. They are MTB rims, He could go up to 2.1ā€ according to the label.

but it seems not
In fact, it tells you everything you need to know. Min tyre width 1.5", max 2.1", 559 rim size. There's no more you can know!
Sdit: cross post

OP
OP
Sloth

Sloth

Thanks, sorry for the daft questions but I am new to all this :sad:
So, if I want a tyre that's more for road use then I could fit a 1.5" width as a minimum but what is the min/max profile depth (height from the rim to tyre surface) that I can have? I don't want the tyre to look silly on a MTB frame if it's too low a profile I suppose?

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
So, if I want a tyre that's more for road use then I could fit a 1.5" width as a minimum but what is the min/max profile depth (height from the rim to tyre surface) that I can have? I don't want the tyre to look silly on a MTB frame if it's too low a profile I suppose?
i had those tyres on mine
1604941286006.png

Bike tyres don't have a height profile in the same way car tyres do, whatever you choose will look fine.

OP
OP
Sloth

Sloth

Thanks, looks good to me.
What is the profile of those tyres?
What part of the tyre size indicates the profile?

Top Bottom