Road World Championship 2010

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kennykool

Going for Cav - if he can be bothered to contest a sprint finish there is no-one better. Problem he has is as soon as it looks like someone is putting up a challenge he gives up

He has david Millar riding with him this year - he'll bust a gut

If not Cav then its got to be the God of Thunder - Big Thor!!!

raindog

er.....
I doubt very much Hushovd is going to be world road race champ this year.

raindog

er.....
I meant to mention this the other day, but no-one's talked about the gals and yet the uk have serious contenders with Emma Pooley and Lizzie Armistead.

OP
OP
Flying_Monkey

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
I meant to mention this the other day, but no-one's talked about the gals and yet the uk have serious contenders with Emma Pooley and Lizzie Armistead.

Indeed - not sure whether the course is lumpy enough to really favour Pooley though.

raindog

er.....
Indeed - not sure whether the course is lumpy enough to really favour Pooley though.
hmmm...I'm not so sure. Did you look at the Robbie McEwan vids I put up? Those are a couple of serious lumps, and she won the GP de Plouay a few weeks ago with a similar steep climb near the end. The only problem with the Oz circuit is there's 10ks after the hills where the peloton might have time to reform. Still think she's in with a shout though.

I love this endless speculation before races, don't you? :biggrin:

OP
OP
Flying_Monkey

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
hmmm...I'm not so sure. Did you look at the Robbie McEwan vids I put up? Those are a couple of serious lumps, and she won the GP de Plouay a few weeks ago with a similar steep climb near the end. The only problem with the Oz circuit is there's 10ks after the hills where the peloton might have time to reform. Still think she's in with a shout though.

I love this endless speculation before races, don't you? :biggrin:

Absolutely! If she can get enough of a devastating attack in on the last lap, she might well be able to stay away for the 10k (it's not that far after all), but I can't see it. Unlike for the men, the UK at least does have a strong team that it can put out in support to try to control the race behind if she does go off the front.

montage

God Almighty
Not so sure about the Cav win this year, but I will be supporting him for sure. This is nowhere near the sprinters course that people were claiming, and for that reason I'm going to have to say Evans following his performance this year... Is Chavanel racing? The course wouldn't be too bad for him looking at the stages he won in le tour

Team Fiwip

If she can get enough of a devastating attack in on the last lap, she might well be able to stay away for the 10k (it's not that far after all), but I can't see it. Unlike for the men, the UK at least does have a strong team that it can put out in support to try to control the race behind if she does go off the front.

Wise words, if Pooley can FM is vindicated but if she cant FM is vindicated. I for one truly appreciates your cycling intellect. A strong team may be able to offer support its leader when chasing down a break or riding tempo, it cannot disrupt the pelotons chase of its leader, pro riders dominate or chase they don’t disrupt!

OP
OP
Flying_Monkey

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
I for one truly appreciates your cycling intellect.

And I truly 'appreciates' your wonderful command of the English language, and all your worthwhile contributions to this forum. We are blessed by your presence: birds sing and the stars shine just a little brighter when you post here. Thank-you. Really.

BigSteev

Should be fine as long as their DS doesn't decree that they should all work for Nicole!

Liz was in great form in the Ardeche.

Top Bottom