Road World Championship 2010

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raindog

er.....
Miller is a great road captain, but he needs some troops to bring his man to the line, he ll need outside help and its hard to see where that would come from. The US being really the only possible allies IMO, But only if the deal has been done before the race starts.
I don't think a deal needs to be done. The teams with sprinters like GB (Cav), USA (Farrar), Belgium (Gilbert) or Spain (Freire) will naturaly work together to pull any breaks back. But in the end it's still the two steep hills and the uphill finish that will decide everything. Can't bloody wait! :biggrin:

Skip Madness

Why aren't Eurosport showing any of it live? That means I'm going to have to watch it on the bloody BBC (please change the commentators, BBC). I'm not sticking around to watch it delayed just so that I can get the Eurosport commentary.

For a minute I thought we weren't going to get the two days of the year of proper live women's cycling.

I'm especially hopeful for the British women in the road race. I know it's not a pancake-flat course, but the fact that it ain't Mendrisio should mean that the likes of Colclough and Martin can stick around for a while, and Armitstead has a genuine though outside chance at the victory.

Ball

Lukesdad, who do you mean by Tommy, Tom Boonen?

Also, there is coverage on Eurosport, definitely. I think they're showing delayed coverage early in the morning, as well as highlights later in the day.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Lukesdad, who do you mean by Tommy, Tom Boonen?

Also, there is coverage on Eurosport, definitely. I think they're showing delayed coverage early in the morning, as well as highlights later in the day.

Voeckler, I would think

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Why aren't Eurosport showing any of it live? That means I'm going to have to watch it on the bloody BBC (please change the commentators, BBC). I'm not sticking around to watch it delayed just so that I can get the Eurosport commentary.

If you look at the link I posted Skip, I think that there is the final hour or so live on Eurosport. Not ideal I agree and having to suffer the miscalls of L&S may be too painful.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/cycling/7594114/Cycling-on-television.html

lukesdad

I don't think a deal needs to be done. The teams with sprinters like GB (Cav), USA (Farrar), Belgium (Gilbert) or Spain (Freire) will naturaly work together to pull any breaks back. But in the end it's still the two steep hills and the uphill finish that will decide everything. Can't bloody wait! :biggrin:
I dont think they will want to take Cav to the line, do you ?

yello

Cav talks himself up...

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/cavendish-warns-his-world-championship-rivals

You've got to laugh sometimes...

Cavendish’s claimed that one specific team manager "tries to f**k with me at every possible opportunity, which is ironic considering he was a sprinter and I actually looked up to him. But now I have no respect for him." The situation has got so bad, Cavendish claimed that it's affecting the way he sprints. Though he insisted he will not play similar mind games with his rivals.

The guy's complex, perhaps even damaged. I read it as mind games but perhaps he's genuine. Perhaps he's not the sharpest tool in the box, and just perhaps he doesn't see the irony in what he says.

yello

I dont think they will want to take Cav to the line, do you ?

They'll want to get their own sprinters there, should it come to a bunch sprint. I think that's the point being made.

Maybe this course is actually going to be a really good one. It's not an out-and-out sprinters course yet sprinters don't rule themselves out of it. There's probably, equally, a number of roulers who fancy their chances on this one, should things pan out for them. I'm actually becoming quite interested in watching this one. It might turn out to an intriguing race; with tactics, circumstance and even luck playing equal measures.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
BBC usually means Hugh Porter...

Oh Gawd, I'd forgotten about him. :sad:

This is a classic Cavism! Hilarious!

Cavendish has never been afraid to speak his mind in interviews and blasted a journalist for daring to accuse him of holding onto a team car in the mountains at the Tour de France.

"Are you f**king kidding me? If I go back, let alone if I'm dropped, I have two race officials, TV cameras, an ice-cream van and a marching band following me. How the f**k am I going to hold on to a car?” he asks

yello

Yep, the lad's still got a scally turn of phrase! Could have done with being 'a f*cking marching band' but otherwise classic!

Top Bottom