Rollers or Turbo?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CXRAndy

Guru
Can I be your friend too? ^_^

How's it done, I'm guessing tennis balls are featured somewhere but how does it all hold together?

This was my first generation rocker, a half rocker, same principle for full size

https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/turbo-rocker-board.232667/

1 sheet of 8'*4' 18mm thick ply cut to shape.

6 pillow bearings and a solid steel bar of 20-25mm thick

Make holders for tennis balls, assemble.

Screenshot_20210216-135036_Chrome.jpg

Pillow bearing above.

houblon

This was my first generation rocker, a half rocker, same principle for full size

https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/turbo-rocker-board.232667/

1 sheet of 8'*4' 18mm thick ply cut to shape.

6 pillow bearings and a solid steel bar of 20-25mm thick

Make holders for tennis balls, assemble.

View attachment 574233

Pillow bearing above.

You my friend now ^_^ thanks for the link.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
@CXRAndy I am building 3 Rockers myself - fed up with a numb bum after 90 minutes. Unfortunately I told a few friends about my plans so have to make them one each as well.

View attachment 574219

Rode a couple of hours at the weekend with the first one 90% complete, my balls are too hard ^_^. It is a weird sensation as I cannot help lean into corners in Zwift. I thought it would only take a couple of hours to knock up, but the first one has taken way longer. Cost about £100 each, excluding a few extra tools/toys I needed to purchase.
How many 'balls'are you using? I run 3 each side, but can facilitate 5 Slazenger balls😁

Its amazing how many friends you have, when they realise you have practical skills:laugh:

The most expensive piece was my phenolic board. I could've shave over £100 off my costs by using plain 18mm ply.

I went with phenolic trailer board because its non slippy when wet. Ive ridden 5 hours on Zwift, i didn't feel too bad and didn't suffer from arse issues

I am using 2 balls in total, 5” dodgeballs. I will let air out for the next ride. I went for the phenolic wood too, cheaper to get it delivered from Essex than my local suppliers.

Top Bottom