Rugby League World Cup Final **spoilers**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
You should look it up.
I will do later,but don't you agree that it's the same outcome every time? If Brazil won every football WC and Italy or Germany were the runners up every time they'd have to change the format to give others a chance,or people would just lose interest. That's why not many watch rugby league. At least in the union world cup there's more than one country that could win it. Ok,there's in reality only 5 (New Zealand,Australia,South Africa,England and France) but it's better than only one,like in rugby league.

U

User482

I will do later,but don't you agree that it's the same outcome every time? If Brazil won every football WC and Italy or Germany were the runners up every time they'd have to change the format to give others a chance,or people would just lose interest. That's why not many watch rugby league. At least in the union world cup there's more than one country that could win it. Ok,there's in reality only 5 (New Zealand,Australia,South Africa,England and France) but it's better than only one,like in rugby league.
It's good that you spared your valuable time to comment on a competition you find boring.

AndyRM

XOXO
Well, that's one way to admit you know bugger all about any kind of rugby @Accy cyclist!

To save you googling, loads of people watch rugby league, Fiji are very good at it and 3 of the sides you've named (France, South Africa and Australia) are currently miles off winning the union world cup.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Well, that's one way to admit you know bugger all about any kind of rugby @Accy cyclist!

To save you googling, loads of people watch rugby league, Fiji are very good at it and 3 of the sides you've named (France, South Africa and Australia) are currently miles off winning the union world cup.
You say that,but you just give your opinion about who is capable of winning a rugby wc. Your opinion counts about the same as mine. It's not fact,just an opinion you have.

The challenge is defining what constitutes a forward pass. The Victorians/Edwardians seemed to know but physics must have changed.

It's not really a challenge. The ball can travel forwards, it's not allowed to be thrown forwards. So long as the ball does NOT leave the hands forwards it's fine.

AndyRM

XOXO
You say that,but you just give your opinion about who is capable of winning a rugby wc. Your opinion counts about the same as mine. It's not fact,just an opinion you have.

Yes, it is an opinion, but it is based on facts.

So Australia win the RLWC again. Without looking it up i bet they beat New Zealand in the semi and England beat someone like Fiji in their semi final. It's the same every time. Australia will win it and New Zealand or England will be runners up.:tired:

New Zealand were actually knocked out by a Tier 2 Nation (Tonga), who only lost to England in the semi final by 2.

Australia played Fiji

There's a lot of effort going in to building up other nations. Events such as the Emerging Nations World Cup. Which removes Aus, NZ, and Eng.

When the game is played professionally in only a handful of countries why would you expect a lot of competition? In both England, and Australia the game is far more popular as a club sport, and more competitive.

Regarding the Union world cup. I think you're quite outdated in your knowledge. Australia aren't fantastic these days but are still capable, South Africa are miles away from being able to win a World Cup. France don't have it in them to win one either yet, and England are well, England.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Regarding the Union world cup. I think you're quite outdated in your knowledge. Australia aren't fantastic these days but are still capable, South Africa are miles away from being able to win a World Cup. France don't have it in them to win one either yet, and England are well, England.

Maybe so,but when i mentioned those 5 nations i meant in future union world cups. I'm not saying they'd be capable if there was a world cup held today,but i meant in future. It's a bit like saying Liverpool are way off winning the Premiership these days. Yes that's true,but they still have the infrastructure to win it again one day (i know they haven't won the PL but i'm on about the championship of England). Just because a country or a club team aren't capable of winning a competition at that moment in time( there's a football cliche for you!),it doesn't mean that team isn't capable of winning future competitions.

Yes,i'm not interested in RL but i felt the need to voice my opinion that the outcome of their world cups is more or less the same every time.

Sport played professionally in only 2 nations. Why would you expect anybody else to really put up a fight? Look at super league, every year there's 5 or 6 teams in a position to win it. Same with the NRL.

Guess what would happen if you had a Baseball world cup, or an Aussie Rules Football world cup, or basketball world cup?

if you want a lot of competition at an international level your only real option is the one true global professional sport, and that's football. But I'm not a fan of uncultured sports so avoid football the best I can.

Maybe so,but when i mentioned those 5 nations i meant in future union world cups. I'm not saying they'd be capable if there was a world cup held today,but i meant in future. It's a bit like saying Liverpool are way off winning the Premiership these days. Yes that's true,but they still have the infrastructure to win it again one day (i know they haven't won the PL but i'm on about the championship of England). Just because a country or a club team aren't capable of winning a competition at that moment in time( there's a football cliche for you!),it doesn't mean that team isn't capable of winning future competitions.

There's only really 3 clubs realistically capable of winning the PL in the near future too.

Top Bottom