Rugby League World Cup Final **spoilers**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
who knew Man Utd would come to dominate the premier league considering they hadn't won a league title in 26 years.
I'd put that down to having a very good manager during those years and not just down to having more money than their rivals.

david k

Hi
I'm not a RL hater at all. I just felt the need to say that in my opinion,it's the same outcome nearly every time. Admittedly i know little about the tactics of RL but i have over the years seen England's hopes bulled up,knowing only too well that they won't win the RLWC. In short. I know zilch about how RL's played but i'm observant about the outcome of these events. If someone was to say to me "bet your house on Australia winning the next RLWC" and the odds were very good,i'd take up the offer.

Your first post did seem to poor scorn on what was in many ways a successful World Cup for a sport that is struggling to grow outside the heart lands. That said there's lots to be positive about, tonga and Fiji were very strong, players opting to play for their countries rather than taking up residency rules to play for NZ or Austrialia.

The Australian league, the NRL, is very strong, one of the reasons they dominate RL and RU is currently struggling for the most talented atheletes. NRL I believe have just signed a billion dollar TV deal, no idea of the exchange rate but it sounds a lot to me, whether true or not there's a lot of money in the game over there. The league attracts the best players from U.K. And particularly the south sea islands, meaning the strength of those countries is improving and will make a stronger competition next time round. Unfair to compare to RUWC and particularly the football WC as they are played wider, but RL is growing. In the northern hemisphere France now has two clubs in the U.K. League along with Toronto who have amazed everyone with their ability to finance a club and pay for everyone's travel, New York are rumoured to be the next. So lots to be excited about for RL

Back to your original point, yes Aus are the best but it certainly wasn't a forgone conclusion they won. 2021 WC is growing to 16 teams and lots are bound to be stronger, maybe Aus will win again, but I'm sure it will be a great tournament, just sit back, enjoy the feats of these super human atheletes and give credit were its due.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
If only there was a thread about the RL World Cup final...:whistle:
I believe it saluted as it submerged

DRM

Guru
Well that was one hell of a game, England looked far fitter than the Aussies, who had to resort to slowing down the play to the end because they were so tired, if only England could have finished some more sets of six, and, been able to finish some moves a bit better they would have won it, as it is to only allow the Kangaroos to score once was a massive feat, should have been played in the Northern hemisphere, the cold snap we've had would have really knobbled the Aussies.

ozboz

Guru
My second eldest Lad lives in Queensland , a massive NRL follower , though he supports Canberra for reasons unknown , he and all his mates watched the game in the Local leagues Club ,they were all surprised about the score line, with the line up they had they expected is getting hammered

david k

Hi
My second eldest Lad lives in Queensland , a massive NRL follower , though he supports Canberra for reasons unknown , he and all his mates watched the game in the Local leagues Club ,they were all surprised about the score line, with the line up they had they expected is getting hammered

How does he feel about the NRL, is it as big over there as we are told? The TV numbers are massive I believe.

Saying that super league viewing figures are some of the highest for sky sports, regularly in the top 10 figures each week

ozboz

Guru
How does he feel about the NRL, is it as big over there as we are told? The TV numbers are massive I believe.

Saying that super league viewing figures are some of the highest for sky sports, regularly in the top 10 figures each week

It is predominantly in NSW and Qld , massive in Sydney , I lived there for 15 years and used to go to the Broncos and State of Origin quite a lot ,Wayne Bennett was the Bronco Coach back then , I once saw St Helens beat the Broncos in the World Club Final in Brisbane , that upset the Aussie no end !!
But it is big , but there was a split in the code in the nineties, they ended up with two leagues , so just around that time Aussie rules came to Town, the Brisbane Lions, so two of my Lads began to follow that , mad sport , but Big. Night out !! ,

Top Bottom