Rugby League World Cup Final **spoilers**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
There's only really 3 clubs realistically capable of winning the PL in the near future too.
But that could change. All it takes is some investor to pump billions into a club and a few years down the line that club could win the PL. Look at near to me Blackburn Rovers,who won the PL in 1995 after coming close the few years before. People would've laughed if they'd been told in 1991 (before "sugar daddy"and Rovers fan Jack Walker bought the club) that Rovers would be champions of England in a few years. The only thing that stopped them winning it again was that the bigger clubs decided to pump more millions into their clubs than Rovers were doing.

Last edited:

AndyRM

XOXO
Maybe so,but when i mentioned those 5 nations i meant in future union world cups. I'm not saying they'd be capable if there was a world cup held today,but i meant in future. It's a bit like saying Liverpool are way off winning the Premiership these days. Yes that's true,but they still have the infrastructure to win it again one day (i know they haven't won the PL but i'm on about the championship of England). Just because a country or a club team aren't capable of winning a competition at that moment in time( there's a football cliche for you!),it doesn't mean that team isn't capable of winning future competitions.

France will never win the union world cup.

But they are a serious union nation,unlike say Romania or Argentina. Even if it's 30 years down the line France will win a union WC one day.

With Canada, France, currently putting serious money into developing clubs to compete in English leagues, plus America becoming interested. It wouldn't be unreasonable to see Canada, France, and USA being competitors in League in 30 years time either.

U

User482

Yes,i'm not interested in RL but i felt the need to voice my opinion that the outcome of their world cups is more or less the same every time.
No, there was no need. It's as tedious as the football haters who pop up in the football thread. Don't you have enough threads about you?

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
If you had watched yesterday' RL world cup, you would be saying England could win it in the next 30 years.
Well yes,that would be a possibility. Who knows where any of us will be in 30 years time? Maybe a Chinese rider will win the TdF one day. Who knows what will happen in the long distance future. But at the moment or for the foreseeable future the winners of such events as the RLWC and the TdF are fairly predictable..

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
No, there was no need. It's as tedious as the football haters who pop up in the football thread. Don't you have enough threads about you?
I'm not a RL hater at all. I just felt the need to say that in my opinion,it's the same outcome nearly every time. Admittedly i know little about the tactics of RL but i have over the years seen England's hopes bulled up,knowing only too well that they won't win the RLWC. In short. I know zilch about how RL's played but i'm observant about the outcome of these events. If someone was to say to me "bet your house on Australia winning the next RLWC" and the odds were very good,i'd take up the offer.

I'm not a RL hater at all. I just felt the need to say that in my opinion,it's the same outcome nearly every time. Admittedly i know little about the tactics of RL but i have over the years seen England's hopes bulled up,knowing only too well that they won't win the RLWC. In short. I know zilch about how RL's played but i'm observant about the outcome of these events. If someone was to say to me "bet your house on Australia winning the next RLWC" and the odds were very good,i'd take up the offer.

I wouldn't, Thurston is a certain no, and with Smith and Slater retiring, and England on the up. I'd bet my house that Australia won't win the next one.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I would suggest that the example of Blackburn shows the limitations of pouring money in, without a solid background on which to build.
According to what was reported locally at the time, Alan Shearer wanted to leave Rovers because the club wouldn't build a team around him. When he left others followed and that was the end of their dominance. Shearer wanted to join Man Utd but Jack Walker wouldn't sell to Blackburn's main rivals at the time. As we know Shearer went on to join his "boyhood" club and win sweet FA. whereas if he'd have been allowed to go to MU he'd have won around 17 medals to add to his solitary Premiership winner 1995 medal.

Last edited:
Top Bottom