Rugby League World Cup

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User33236

I was at the Scotland v USA game. Whilst not full the stadium was around 2/3 capacity and the crowd was a good mix which enhanced the atmosphere and made it a very enjoyable evening (particularly as Scotland won lol).

It is a pity that TV coverage hasn't been great though.

AndyRM

XOXO
Yeh for me Samoa v Fiji is the pick of the quarter finals, if anyone is new to Rugby League take a look at this game and see if you like it, I'm sure you won't be disappointed

It's always good to see the Pacific nations in a scrap against each other, in either form of the game.

I remember walking down Princes Street when Samoa were in town for a friendly against Scotland; their front row was walking towards me, which is when I realised I would never make it as a rugby player.

OP
OP
david k

david k

Hi
Didn't even know it was taking place!

.....and thats the real shame, been great games, capacity crowds and good atmosphere :cheers:, but nobody gets to see this :wacko:

The England v France game is on BBC2 at 7.00pm this evening, I dont expect France to give us a game.

There is Union on BBC1 this afternoon, this is why RL fans get frustrated at the lack of exposure, a World Cup quarter final and it plays second best to a friendly :cursing:

It was only the 90's when they stopped banning players from playing RU if they had played a game of RL, in the past they banned players for playing teams who had played against RL players???? There was a big media black out of RL (alleged) and some say it still exists, when RL plays second fiddle on TV you can understand this point of view, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_rugby_league

The most bizarre was the story of the Nazis banning RL in France!

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
the dull kick-fest that Union has become.
It also avoids the other massive structural flaw of the modern RU game: the collapsing scrum. Hard to see what they can do about that one, short of abandoning that aspect of the game entirely, but it's reducing all too many games to a snail's pace farce.

OP
OP
david k

david k

Hi
It also avoids the other massive structural flaw of the modern RU game: the collapsing scrum. Hard to see what they can do about that one, short of abandoning that aspect of the game entirely, but it's reducing all too many games to a snail's pace farce.

Some RU games can be entertaining but so many are spoiled dues to the stoppages and persistent kicking

Englands quarter final is on BBC2 at 7.30pm, kick off at 8.00pm

Ill take England 46-8

OP
OP
david k

david k

Hi
Just sitting waiting for it to start. Quite looking forward to it.

Best go get some ale sorted out before it starts.

France have scored!

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Agreed.
The passing also seems much quicker and more accurate than Union too ....

OP
OP
david k

david k

Hi
England are going to have to play a lot better than this if they are going to win the cup.

very true,not a good performance, very scrappy, theres been better games in this world cup. I thought scotland played well against the kiwis

looking forward to the game tomorrow and the semis - good deal , 2 games for one ticket

I'm not sure how good France are, but at time they looked good - not sure if that was due to England not playing well or not.

Seriously, if I had been more aware of the games via publicity I'd have tried to get to a game - I am just over the border so easy enough to travel if I had planned ahead.

Top Bottom