Running

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RedBike

I've just started doing a bit of running, the idea is it'll help when I start playing at cyclocross in a month or so (assuming I get that damn bike together by then). It's harder than it looks.

I wouldn't worry too much about running for CX. Although there are exceptions the runs are normally only very short, often just 3/4meters and nearly always up a very steep hill. Most of the field (espeshially towards the back) will walk them.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
I figured if I could at least get my legs used to running a bit I might be less likely to injure myself. I quite like it- it's an excuse to go to the park at odd times- I get to see stuff like dew on cobwebs, early morning fog, low-level evening mist. Heard an owl the other day.

OP
OP
J

johnny

Blimey I did it!. Swim went better than I thought it would do, cycle was pretty much ok except that my heart rate was going nuts and then on the run I just had pain and more pain. Need to practise running off the bike methinks. Oh well none now until next year so that is nearly 6 months of training!

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
johnny said:
Blimey I did it!. Swim went better than I thought it would do, cycle was pretty much ok except that my heart rate was going nuts and then on the run I just had pain and more pain. Need to practise running off the bike methinks. Oh well none now until next year so that is nearly 6 months of training!

Nice one. How did you place? how long do the running and swimming bits in triathlon tend to be? (I don't know much about it).

OP
OP
J

johnny

This was a sprint triathlon (which are the shortest ones i think) so;
Swim 400m, Cycle 15miles, Run 5miles.

I finished it and that was my only aim but suprisingly didn't come last. My entry was very last minute as a friend of a friend dropped out and so I only decided to do it on Friday. I hadn't been swimming since mid August and also hadn't been on a bike for 6 weeks (see earlier post). Running had also been taking place as and when I could. So I wouldn't say I had done a huge amount of training for it.

Top Bottom