Saddle Tilt Smashed - To share with the masses

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Haha, nice reply. Guess I should have put "and as for height" between those questions.. Serves me right for making fun - as I do like mine pointing straight along the top tube..

It is actually a good starting point and I'd never been told this, but looking at my bike mine points where the stem joins the bars, with the hoods just above, and drops below (obviously)

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
I can't say I've measured mine but I think it does very from bike to bike because of seatpost/head angle, reach etc.
One thing that makes the job easier is a two bolt saddle clamp which gives infinite angle choice rather than the single bolt cradle style which locks with each indentation.
I have one of those on my road bike, they're a great invention. :thumbsup:

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
This guy who parks at the met. station uses a 30-degree set square.

ROfTlLj.jpg

Levo-Lon

Guru
Pft too your fancy apps and tools and your "my seat is set to 1000th of an inch" ,i set my seat spot on :okay:

I need mine slightly nose up too

bpsmith

Veteran
I guess it all comes down to riding style/position. I wonder if those who like their saddle nose up actually ride more upright with bars higher up too?

jiberjaber

Veteran
I use a Bevelbox inclinometer (which I bought 10 years ago for a different application) and a steel rule longitudinally on the saddle. I zero the inclinometer on the kitchen tile floor then take a reference on the actual saddle and then use that reference to repeat the setting when I swap saddles etc. This reference is slightly different to that which is on my bike fit report, but it's a consistent reference so gets the saddle in the same position as it was post bike fit. I've got a couple of 'jigs' which ensure the steel rule is always in the same place irrespective of saddle. I also use a laser line to ensure the saddle is straight relative to the stem top cap - saves on inner short rub damage!.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Angle-Finder-Protractor-Digital-Bevel/dp/B00M9ZHSPE

71t29pSOrmL._SX342_.jpg

Top Bottom