Saddlebag thoughts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Holdsworth

Holdsworth

Über Member
Coming in even later than Rich P, I have one of these.

http://www.carradice...e&product_id=34

I don't use it for everyday commuting, but for day rides it is perfect and no tools required.

I was thinking along the lines of the Barley and a sqr but this one was much cheaper as no SQR was required

I did consider that one due to the slightly bigger capacity over the Prima and the fully waterproof cotton duck construction. I still think though it'll be the Lowsaddle that I'll go for when I get some money in (Dole), purely down to overall size which will allow a decent quantity of stuff to be carried on longer day rides and small shopping trips into town, without the use of a backpack (I get really sweaty!!!). The capacity is about the same as my usual rucksack, which can carry a fair bit of stuff, nothing too bulky but enough to bring a few essential items and whatever else back from town.
The Lowsaddle has the expanding longflap which ups the maximun capacity to 18 litres.

I think I am making the right choice, I can't see any other options in that sort of price bracket that do the job.

OP
OP
Holdsworth

Holdsworth

Über Member
I have just bit the bullet and bought a Lowsaddle Longflap from Wiggle
smile.gif

I am looking forward to it it's arrival but not the bank statement that'll come with it
tongue.gif

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Coming in even later than Rich P, I have one of these.

http://www.carradice...e&product_id=34

I don't use it for everyday commuting, but for day rides it is perfect and no tools required.

I was thinking along the lines of the Barley and a sqr but this one was much cheaper as no SQR was required

bought one of those used off someone in here i think. to stay on the commuter with my water proofs in it. butt ugly piece of kit unless filled but does the job. the cotton duck clearly attracted the previous owners pet hairs :blush:

OP
OP
Holdsworth

Holdsworth

Über Member
Hmmm....

No sign yet of the bag, it was dispatched Thursday so I think Royal Mail are being a bit slack with their deliveries this week. Nothing new I suppose
rolleyes.gif

OP
OP
Holdsworth

Holdsworth

Über Member
Holdsworth
Has it turned up yet, pleased with it cos on verge of ordering the same!

It only turned up today, rubbish royal mail service around here as of late due to the closure of the local sorting office.

First impressions of the bag are good, the build quality is excellent and certainly a step up from ordinary saddlebags. The capacity is spot on for my needs, enough for a good long day ride, commuting and small shopping trips, until I get a bike with panniers this is the best I can do.

The only downside are the fiddly attachment buckles and straps. They work ok but the hole for them to go trough is too small so it takes a load of fiddling and pushing to get them through as there is also the big wooden dowel in the way. Maybe two hole for each strap could've been provided to make it much easier? I am going to buy the bagman Q/R support to make removal quicker and easier, no more undoing straps, just keep 'em looped up and put them through the quick release spring-loaded bars.

Top Bottom