Sandwiches from your childhood.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
How is the national obesity crisis only at higher now, surely it must've existed fora long time with the amount of fat used on white bread

We ate less and exercised more.

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
.........On the crazy calories theme, my great uncle used to make some rather Elvis-esque sandwiches with me: two slices of thick white bread, butter, strawberry jam, then cut into 4 pieces and battered before being deep fried until the batter was golden and crispy and the jam had gone molten.

We make something very similar with the Scouts when camping. They're shallow fried though, and known as "Campfire Doughnuts"; they're surprisingly good........:hungry:

Katherine

Guru
I have yet to find anyone who has ever had scrambled egg sandwiches outside of my own family.
A whole batch would be made and we'd take them outside to eat in the summer.
Only a blanket on the lawn - who had patio furniture growing up?

Paulus

Started young, and still going.

Fish paste sandwiches xx(

Pilchard and tomato by Shiphams or Sainsburys were a staple sunday afternoon sandwich in my house.

Sausage and orange marmalade for me.

I remember my Dad used to have condensed milk sandwiches. xx(

Graham
Well, of course. How could he withstand advertising like this???

condensed milk (1).jpg

Roadhump

Time you enjoyed wasting was not wasted
I have yet to find anyone who has ever had scrambled egg sandwiches outside of my own family.
A whole batch would be made and we'd take them outside to eat in the summer.
Only a blanket on the lawn - who had patio furniture growing up?
Have had scrambled egg on toast many a time, often instead of cereal after a night on the booze. Next time I wake up with a hangover, I'll give the sandwich version a try. :hungry:

Top Bottom