Sandwiches from your childhood.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
As an impoverished student when the grant money had run out it was fried onion butties.

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
Cheese and tomato ketchup have always been my favourite.
Does anyone else remember Marlon from "The Perishers", in the Mirror, and his "inch thick ketchup sandwiches".

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
I loved beef dripping, big slices of white bread soaking it all up. I did the same thing with the bacon fat in the grill pan. Just think of the cholesterol!

On the crazy calories theme, my great uncle used to make some rather Elvis-esque sandwiches with me: two slices of thick white bread, butter, strawberry jam, then cut into 4 pieces and battered before being deep fried until the batter was golden and crispy and the jam had gone molten.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Dripping sandwiches - usually pork dripping in our house though! Or drip bread, as it was called. Even better if it was 'mucky dripping' :okay:
How could animal fat, spread thickly on white bread and blathered in salt possibly be bad for you? ^_^

I'm sensing a lot of love (or misplaced rose tinted specs) for Sandwich Spread, which I'd forgotten all about.

001.JPG

I've added a jar to next weeks shopping order - I just hope I don't regret it...:laugh:

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
I remember my mother buying bread from the bakers; then the supermarket came (a tiny Tesco in the shopping arcade, with a couple of aisles and a checkout desk ) and it all went downhill from there.

I seem to have a protective amnesia about what was in her sandwiches.

Top Bottom