sausages and mash

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
wafflycat said:
Lambs' liver, with bacon and a rich onion gravy, served with creamy mashed potato and red cabbage with apple. Food of the gods.
Wafflycat, if we both ever find ourselves alone in this world, I'll meet you on Skegness pier, with a view to marriage. :smile:

U

User482

Chuffy said:
Yup, that's liver alright. :smile: Food for the dog.

Faggots, mushy peas, mash and gravy. Now that's food for the gods. :biggrin:

You'd feed liver to the dog yet would eat brains? :ohmy:

U

User482

wafflycat said:
Lambs' liver, with bacon and a rich onion gravy, served with creamy mashed potato and red cabbage with apple. Food of the gods.

Now you're talking. :smile:

U

User482

Chuffy said:
I know what goes into faggots (oh ho!) but I don't care. A slab of liver just tastes like stale cack.

Can't say I've ever tried cack, fresh or stale;)

Lamb's liver is creamy smooth on the inside, and slightly crunchy on the outside if it is caramelised by frying quickly. Yum yum.

I've always found faggots to be rubbery and tasteless.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Fnaar said:
Wafflycat, if we both ever find ourselves alone in this world, I'll meet you on Skegness pier, with a view to marriage. :smile:

Gerroff, if Wafflycat will cook that for me, I'll marry her. And I'm already single so I have a head start!

Chuffy, damn you, I want faggots now. I have a use-by yesterday breaded haddock fillet for my tea though...

Talking of faggots, I was just in a talk on the archaeology of beekeeping and in cropped up in questions afterwards that modern british bee keepers are divided by their opinion on the influx of Italian queens... I guess they mince and wave their arms around at the same time...

wafflycat

Arch said:
Talking of faggots, I was just in a talk on the archaeology of beekeeping and in cropped up in questions afterwards that modern british bee keepers are divided by their opinion on the influx of Italian queens... I guess they mince and wave their arms around at the same time...

Excellent mental image, Arch :smile:

U

User482

Well, tonight, I shall be having moules marinere followed by Moroccan fish tagine. All washed down with a decent Sancerre.

Pip pip.

Arch

Married to Night Train
User482 said:
Well, tonight, I shall be having moules marinere followed by Moroccan fish tagine. All washed down with a decent Sancerre.

Pip pip.

That'll be a Morningside Burns supper then?

(Morningside is that posh bit of Edinbugh, isn't it? If not, my feeble attempt at humour has failed...)

Arch

Married to Night Train
striker said:
btw, it wasn't mash that Jamie made.

It was bubble and squeak!

Mmm, bubble and squeak. A tip. If you're making it from potato and sprouts, then having sprouts and chestnuts is a good trick. Chestnuts are lovely in bubble and squeak.

wafflycat

Arch said:
Mmm, bubble and squeak. A tip. If you're making it from potato and sprouts, then having sprouts and chestnuts is a good trick. Chestnuts are lovely in bubble and squeak.

Sprouts and chestnuts... more food of the goods. Try them with a little crispy bacon stirred in.

striker

Arch said:

he had both in it. It looked delicious. He also combined pork and beef sausages into a combined cumberland ring. Looked really good!

Top Bottom