sausages and mash

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
wafflycat said:
Sprouts and chestnuts... more food of the goods. Try them with a little crispy bacon stirred in.
Steady-on Wafflycat...steady with that kind of talk...I'm approaching Orgasm!:smile::tongue::tongue:

Arch

Married to Night Train
Well, I'm off home to my breaded haddock fillet (the second of a pack of two reduced to clear). I've had mash two days running, so I might do rice with this one.

Ta ra!

col

Legendary Member
Just got back from my inlaws,we had corned beef hash ,with creamy mash,and crispy dumplings,luuurvely.

grilled bacon, big flat mushrooms, scrambled eggs hash browns and a bottle of something white.

we cheated last night and went to Pizza Express. I had a delicious Salsiccia al Forno and a Bosco salad. Desert was baby figs in cinamon and white wine with mascapone. We could have done it ourselves for a quarter of the cost but ... you only live once! And I've been working for 45 years to pay for it.

[FONT=Univers-Bold+KIPSCH]Salsiccia al Forno[/FONT]
[FONT=Univers-Light+QFXXWZ]A warming stew of meaty sausage, cannellini beans, and[/FONT]
[FONT=Univers-Light+QFXXWZ]portobello mushrooms in a creamy tomato, garlic and chilli[/FONT]​
[FONT=Univers-Light+QFXXWZ]sauce, with fresh parsley and baked ciabatta[/FONT]

[FONT=Univers-Light+QFXXWZ][FONT=Univers-Bold+KIPSCH]Bosco Salad[/FONT]
[FONT=Univers-Light+QFXXWZ]Warm garlic mushrooms with mozzarella, avocado and rustica[/FONT]
[FONT=Univers-Light+QFXXWZ]tomatoes, on a salad of baby spinach and rocket tossed in our[/FONT]
[FONT=Univers-Light+QFXXWZ]honey and mustard dressing, drizzled with balsamic syrup[/FONT]
[FONT=Univers-Light+QFXXWZ]and served with baked dough sticks[/FONT]
[/FONT]

sloe

Morningside: where sex is what the coal comes in.

Seeing as its serious Burns Nicht can I recommend the Fochabers haggis, dark and flavoursome. Pronounced Fokkuburrs, emphasis on the first syllable, should you ever find yourself seeking directions to the place.

Cullen Skink for tea tonight tho, lovely.

OP
OP
A

Abitrary

User482 said:
Mash and baked beans are the perfect accompaniment to liver and bacon.

I'd also agree that liver is the perfect accompaniment to mash.

The dense vacuum of the mash is the perfect counterpoint to the sweet uric tang of liver.

Abitrary said:
I'd also agree that liver is the perfect accompaniment to mash.

The dense vacuum of the mash is the perfect counterpoint to the sweet uric tang of liver.
You've got the wrong bit of the pig there Arbers. Although I'm sure it's not the first time...;):smile:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Seeing as urea*, Abitrary, why so anti-sausage? Surely a nice chorizo doe sthe trick?

urea, geddit, seeing as ...oh, never mind ;)

Top Bottom