Saw a smoking roadie cyclist today and just wondered...who smokes?

Smoker or non-smoker

• Smoker

Votes: 24 21.6%
  • Non-smoker

Votes: 87 78.4%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Psyclist

Über Member
Non-smoker, I quit in December and haven't touched one since :thumbsup:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I never started smoking till my 40th birthday, it was something I just wanted to try. Now I just smoke about 1 pack of cheap cigars a week. Actually carry a pack in my saddle bag just incase of mechanicals. Good excuse for smoking a cigar whilst changing a tube.
Happiness .... is a cigar after changing a flat .... ^_^

gbb

Legendary Member
Up till the new year i smoked albeit lighty. Very occasionally i'd stop for a drink and a smoke on a long ride, i often thought people would see that as quite strange, but TBH you're used to smoking, your output doesnt suddenly crash because you do, so it seems quite normal.

Thats gone now anyway...non smoker now, and glad of it.

D

Deleted member 1258

Ex smoker here, I quit in 1977, I've still got the old tobacco tin somewhere, I used to roll my own, when I quit I put the tobacco tin on the mantelpiece in my bedsit and left it there until I moved out a few years later, it got put away then.

Jonathing

Über Member
I smoked all sorts of things during my misspent youth but never fags. And now I'm watching while it subjects my father to a slow, lingering decline in health.

Although at the moment I'm struggling to shift a chest infection so I just cough like a smoker instead.

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
GF and I gave up 2 years in Feb. Don't miss it, now. Can't stand the smell outside at pubs and restaurants. Can't eat outdoors if anyone is smoking. Was in shop yesterday and the door was open. The smell from the smokers outside was awful.

Can't believe I was one of those idiots till 2 years ago. So selfish too, inflicting your habit and stench on others. I now try to keep away from smokers.

Since 1st granddaughter was born I vowed to give up before she recognised the habit. She's now 4 (next month) and doesn't remember us smoking. We never smoked near her but she must have seen what we were doing when we popped out for one.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Walking around Manchester recently it has struck me that one unintended side effect of the indoor smoking ban is the growing numbers of dog ends littering the pavements. In the old days they used to get collected up and thrown away but nowadays smokers, with the lack of consideration that is typical of so many people, just throw them on the ground. They don't rot down or bio-degrade so they're beginning to accumulate in the streets.

416919799_49655741ae.jpg

GBC

Veteran
I smoked from the age of 15 to 50, stopped as a 50th birthday present to myself and have never looked back. As HLaB says, it's very much a generational thing, and any young person starting today, with all the information we now have, has to be pretty thick.

Reactions: col
Top Bottom