Scotland Highlands and Hebrides. A couple of questions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
No, the big R just hit me. Same job for....27.....years...booohoo

Ah... not good, sorry to hear that... I hope things improve quickly for you... Good luck. :thumbsup:

snorri

Legendary Member
2) Private roads. Google streetview photos show us some roads which we would like to cycle through are blocked by barriers with signage "private road".

The 'Private' signs are there to deter motor vehicle drivers from using the roads, walkers and cyclists have the right to roam almost where they like as long as they respect privacy by not camping close to dwellings.

OP
OP
Aleksey-San

Aleksey-San

Regular
That stuff doesn't repel midges, it simply drowns them if you apply it thick enough.

The OP is from Russia, the motherland of midges. I'm sure he can bring us some stuff that really works, DDT, organophosphates or some such.
Ha-ha. Yeah, DDT had been used at soviet times being spreaded from planes above forests to destroy mites, but not now. So we have the same problems at home in wet places

robing

Über Member
1/ Midges won't be a problem in May when the op is going.

2/ I beg to differ re Sunday opening. You can find shops open on Sunday and Co Op are always open. The exception might be on Lewis which is Presbyterian.

OP
OP
Aleksey-San

Aleksey-San

Regular
Re midges: cigarette or cigar smoke works wonders :whistle:
I do not remember any smoker in my group. But what about whiskey? :smile:

Top Bottom