Scotland. What the locals already know.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
After a few holidays near Skye I probably agree.

I totally agree with you @Markymark it is gorgeous though I have yet to go to Skye but that will be rectified next near when I visit the Western Isles.

What I have seen of the rest of the country is glorious. I would happily scrub out the bits of the country between me and Scotland apart from the West Country which is rather lovely too.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Midges.

Have we had that yet?
You called?
image.jpeg

raleighnut

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 4943385, member: 9609"]Yes, I think this is where its at, you really need to get north of the Glasgow Edinburgh line, best just to keep your foot flat to the matt when heading north from newcastle - nothing worth while to see or do for a good 100 mile.[/QUOTE]
Just trying to keep the borders for your own eh, I've a good friend who's dad was from Jedburgh, lovely wee town.

View: https://youtu.be/H8-IV9vOrp4

Last edited:
U

User6179

No chance! I was on West coast first week in may this year and got eaten alive.
This!

Late spring is when midges start waking up.

Some years yes, some years no, I did the West highland way first week of May one year, I was tooled up for the midges and never seen one.
Might of been due to the minus 2 temperatures during the night.:sad:

green1

Über Member
Yeah, that's true.

Either way @velovoice - if you're prepared, you will be fine! Buy this.
A flame gun is far more fun.

green1

Über Member
It is only the females that bite so I would check the gender before you massacre the innocent males!
I don't care, I was still itching 2 week's later. Plus if everyone on the west coast did it there would be none left by the end of June and it would be deemed a public service. :okay:

Top Bottom