scottish people

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Abitrary

Why is there such a disproportionate amount of scottish people on here?

They're OK, but I can't help wondering if the're lives are a bit more boring than the average.

Scottish blokes, for example, are cooler than welsh blokes.

Welsh girls accents are more heart meltingly beautiful than scottish girls accents.

What's going on.. and are we going to get even more scots on here because of Chris Hoy?

yenrod

Abitrary said:

They're OK, but I can't help wondering if the're lives are a bit more boring than the average.

Scottish blokes, for example, are cooler than welsh blokes.

Welsh girls accents are more heart meltingly beautiful than scottish girls accents.

What's going on.. and are we going to get even more scots on here because of Chris Hoy?

Agree to everything BUT the boring bit.

Don't reckon they are any more boring than a london jobby especially !

I recall meeting some scottish lad on the local train platform (he was travelling back) and he had some very interesting conversation about him - so, boring: no way !

OP
OP
A

Abitrary

I think scottish people are innately boring. Most of the scots on here are in fact quite engaging but they are the exception to the rule.

At a rough count of 27 scots that I've met, in real life:

-one wore an eye patch and pretended to be a lord
-two, at least two, sucked up to the boss whilst working abroad in such a way that the english / welsh / irish guys didn't
-about 16 of them were quite stingy with their money
-the rest stared into space until a young cow crossed their 'perchance' upon whence they started salivating.

Don't ask me what all that means, just that in a league british table the scots are last.

OP
OP
A

Abitrary

Whoah, no drugs involved here. This is political.

I'd much rather we swapped scotland for... georgia for example.

We'd get a whole new culture involved in the UK, and russia would get the scottish, which would stun them into inactivity, effectively curtailing a new cold war.

just jim

Abitrary said:

Soon be up for your 4000th post then....

snorri

Legendary Member
Which part of Scotland are you from Abitrary?:?:

Tetedelacourse

Abitrary said:
I think scottish people are innately boring. Most of the scots on here are in fact quite engaging but they are the exception to the rule.

At a rough count of 27 scots that I've met, in real life:

-one wore an eye patch and pretended to be a lord
-two, at least two, sucked up to the boss whilst working abroad in such a way that the english / welsh / irish guys didn't
-about 16 of them were quite stingy with their money
-the rest stared into space until a young cow crossed their 'perchance' upon whence they started salivating.

Don't ask me what all that means, just that in a league british table the scots are last.

How was it that there was a young cow to hand on so many occassions? What was your method of recording salivation levels?
I'd like to see if I can streamline my current techniques.

ACS

Legendary Member
So what if you are English and live in Scotland as I do. Boring or not?

Or perhaps you consider us to be of low intelligence for electing to live here amonst them?

A technical point "Scottish blokes" is incorrect. People from Scotland are "Scots." Mary was Queen of Scots, shortbread and tartan are Scottish. If you are going to slag them off at least be educated about it.

In fact, based on your vast knowledge of the Scots their traditions and history gathered from meeting just 27 of them I kneel before you in admiration and awe.

Top Bottom