Sealskinz Gloves - waterproof - ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Deodrant spray works inside shoes .I never tried it on gloves.

Well I wouldn't - sounds like a terribly bad idea.

This is why I prefer to use separate gloves, often cheap, layered. Easy to wash.

OP
OP
simongt

simongt

Guru
Just sent my third reply e-mail off to Sealskinz, having to explain yet again, that the gloves in question are a pair supplied by them to replace a previous faulty pair - !
Oh dear - ! :whistle:

hoopdriver

Guru
I bought a pair to use in Antarctica - I was making a lot of wet zodiac landings on beaches and wanted something to keep my hands warm and dry. They were beyond dreadful. My hands were freezing and soaked in those useless gloves. I had to borrow some gloves from a colleague and between cruises bought a pair of mountaineering gloves back in Ushuaia. This was some years ago now, so perhaps Sealskinz are making better gloves now, but my experience was so bad I would never trust them again.

byegad

Legendary Member
I bought a pair some years ago. Totally useless.

OP
OP
simongt

simongt

Guru
Has a reply form Sealskinz; can I send them back for testing, but as 'they are not the retailer', I have to pay postage. Funny that, because as I've told the three times, they sent these gloves as a replacement for the original faulty pair. Does not that then make them the retailer - ? :whistle:

Has a reply form Sealskinz; can I send them back for testing, but as 'they are not the retailer', I have to pay postage. Funny that, because as I've told the three times, they sent these gloves as a replacement for the original faulty pair. Does not that then make them the retailer - ? :whistle:
Nope.

I've got a pair. Cant fault them. They are lovely and warm when dry, im pretty sure they are plastic lined. Is water running down your arm into them? Or have you got hands that sweat a lot? They're are not particularly breathable so mine get moist from the inside by the time I've done 10 miles in them, which is sufficient enough for me. I just bob them on the radiator to dry out for the return leg.

Top Bottom