Seatpost with layback.

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
I've decided to experiment with my position on the bike. When riding I get a few little niggles which I think is down to too much weight on my hands and they are spoiling my enjoyment. I've put up with them but have decided enough is enough.
My saddle is a B17 which doesn't have much fore and aft adjustment (a common issue apparently) and was wondering which seatpost to try and how much layback do I need.
Anyone any personal knowledge? I'd like a titanium one.

vickster

Legendary Member
Maybe ask Spa, they sell Ti seatposts (one with 10mm layback) and are likely familiar with Brooks saddles

Alan O

Über Member
I've had a B17 and I now have a Cambium on my most-used bike, and they indeed don't have much fore-aft adjustment. How much adjustment you need for yourself is something I can't really offer an opinion on. But I really see no reason whatsoever to go for a titanium seat post over an aluminium one, unless your biggest problem is that your wallet is too heavy.

Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
I've had a B17 and I now have a Cambium on my most-used bike, and they indeed don't have much fore-aft adjustment. How much adjustment you need for yourself is something I can't really offer an opinion on. But I really see no reason whatsoever to go for a titanium seat post over an aluminium one, unless your biggest problem is that your wallet is too heavy.
Aesthetic...my Ti is having a Ti post ;)

However if experimenting with fit, spending £100+ might be excessive until you've got it right

OP
Tail End Charlie

Tail End Charlie

Thanks @vickster a good shout, might give them a call.

@Alan O like Vickster, I want titanium for my titanium bike.

Don't worry either of you, I won't be splashing the cash unless I'm sure I know what to get. I'm experimenting with various posts and saddles from my spares box at the moment.

nickAKA

I was getting pins & needles in my hands a lot through resting on the bars so I put a 20mm shorter stem on, pretty much cured it straight away... but having said all that I've got my seat in the furthest back position possible (and it's a slight layback post) as it's the most forgiving on my knees with long-ish thigh bones...

OP
Tail End Charlie

Tail End Charlie

I was getting pins & needles in my hands a lot through resting on the bars so I put a 20mm shorter stem on, pretty much cured it straight away... but having said all that I've got my seat in the furthest back position possible (and it's a slight layback post) as it's the most forgiving on my knees with long-ish thigh bones...
I need to get my saddle further back first. I've put on a different saddle and post, which has moved me back. I've only been out a couple of times but it seems to have made a difference. Once I'm convinced it's worked I'll hopefully be able to have an educated guess at how much layback I need for the Brooks.

Top Bottom