Secondhand Raleigh Junior Rigid MTB: lemon or worth a punt?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

12boy

Guru
Skipdiver, alas, it is not Columbus but is chromo throughout. It was made in Japan, I believe and is fairly heavy. My thought is made by Panasonic for Bianchi. The only part on it was an old Suntour deraileur when I found the frame at the dump but I think it must have been a '92. That old fashioned seatpost was an odd size but the closest my LBS could order and even then I sanded off a mm or two getting it to fit. It rides smooth, maybe even plush, and those 2 inch heavily knobbed Ritchie tires soak up a lot of bumps.

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
Epic work @Reynard - really pleased to see you're so happy with the fruits of your labour :becool:

OP
OP
Reynard

Reynard

Guru
Epic work @Reynard - really pleased to see you're so happy with the fruits of your labour :becool:

Thanks xxx :okay:

Although it ended up not being the knockabout bike I'd envisaged. Hey ho... :tongue: All that it really needs for completion is a hex-key saddle clamp bolt rather than the 13mm spannerjob that's still on it, and I'd quite like a hex-key adjustable seatpost & clamp. There was one memorable ride when I ended up with a badly slipping saddle and had to limp four miles home with one hand on the saddle nose to stop me from getting shipped out of the back door... :whistle:

Top Bottom