Seen on the ride...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Whilst in Canada recently I was out for a quick 40 miler down the road and back and came across a huge variety of roadkill. There were skunks (pooee), raccoons, chickens, and......

...an oven ready turkey. Like it had just fallen out of the sky and landed by the roadside. ;)

Tetedelacourse

Dayvo said:
I'm a bit spoilt here: get to work at about 5.30 and there are deer, foxes, hares, pheasants, occasional eagles around, on, or above the golf course, which is about five miles from the city centre.

Eagles on a golf course eh? How unusual;);)

Just rabbits, a few pensioners and the occassional bird of prey for me. Pretty boring really, but I do have great views of the Forth bridge and estuary every day, which I never get tired of looking at.

I see lots of Animal wildlife when I head out of the city, in the city the wildlife is just neds (chavs). I've just got back from Donegal and on a trip to Tory Island, when the ferry docked there were lots off kids and a dog playing with a Dolphin; it was so nice to see it in the wild.

longers

Legendary Member
I saw a very large tortoise going for a walk today. He lives at the Manchester Aquatic and Pet Centre on the A6. He was over 2 foot long and nearly as wide and was having a trundle along the pavement. He is twelve years old but I forgot to ask his name and species. Very cool he was.

mondobongo

Über Member
Out on an evening ride as I hurtled down the first trail of the night, heard a crashing noise to the left a short distance ahead. A Stag with a pretty impressive set of antlers shot out in front of me glanced at me and my mate before vanishing into the next set of trees.

Focussed my mind for a split second I can tell you.

gbb

Legendary Member
A dead river fish in the middle of the road, in the middle of nowhere ....must have been 5 or 10 miles from the nearest river i knew of :ohmy: That was last summer...

Glanced down at an old magazine as i slowly went by.....movement !!!!...stopped to see a ickle lizard sitting basking on it.

Seen another lizard scramble across a country road before....

Spent half of last summer riding each week past a slowly, then quickly rotting deer carcass :ohmy: in the grass at the side of a lane in same countryside.

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
Just a little bit O.T.
A few years ago when living in Scotland got stuck behind an artic ( in my car ) that was doing 30mph but I knew I could do 65mph so I turned off the "main" road and went up the back lane.
After about 15 minutes went round a bend and 3 young deer stood there (don't know what sort), took them about 5 seconds to clear 6 foot dry stone walls and disappear.
20 minutes later I went round a corner (in a wooded area) and there was a road kill bunny rabbit,
Being eaten by a buzzard, it took off as I rapidly approached it, wing span was wider than my Rover 216gti, it followed the lane for a good 50 / 100 yards before swooping into the woods, but boy, what a sight.

Melvil

Nuttin' but rain, rain and more rain in Scotland (or at least, Edinburgh) today...god knows what the American touristo's think of our climate - imagine jetting over here from, say, Iowa - you'd think you were in the southern hemisphere!

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
I was in Sanquhar, Dumfrieshire, Melvil, so I suppose to you that aint really Scotland !

longers

Legendary Member
Walking the dog past the local takeaways just now reminded me that I rode along the "curry mile" in Rusholme today. I think I'm trying to block it out - the smells! :ohmy:

Guess what I had for tea? . . . . . Salad.:ohmy:

buggi

Bird Saviour
i see a lot of the flat variety of hedgehogs, rabbits, deer :blush: and badger. moved one deer and 3 badgers out of the road. don't like riding through them the next day.

see of the unflat variety... rabbits, hair, kestrels and buzzards. one kestrel dropped on a mouse right in front of me. pretty amazing i thought (i was in my car in a queue of traffic at the time and he flew back up right past my windscreen). never seen a live deer or badger. wish i had. maybe i should set out a bit earlier and get to them before the cars do.

yenrod

I got circled by some bird once and its not nice asyou simply cant see them that well !

Best thing to do is to get inot an area with lots of space and stop...if it gets serious, though I couldnt as was in a wooded area :blush:

WindyRob said:
last weekend I saw a bird of prey of some sort, a buzzard I think, circling in on its prey.

I know how it feels..... the prey that is;)

Windy

Top Bottom