Seen on the ride...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Last night was followed by an owl; I think it was waiting for me o scare up rabbits and mice from the hedgerows with my panting. today after first rains saw the largest toad I've ever seen sitting in the middle of the road. It was not still there but flatter when I returned some hours later.

Mr Phoebus

Just washed the bike on the lawn. When I looked round, there was a Robin
only a couple of foot away from me looking for worms.
Robin's are so bold.

fairy

I saw the man of my dreams out on his bike ;-)

oh and to those who havent seen live badgers - be very glad of that! I have been attacked by the nasty bitey scary beasties more than once and they are bigger and faster than you'd expect too. :blush:

gbb

Legendary Member
fairy said:
I saw the man of my dreams out on his bike ;-)

oh and to those who havent seen live badgers - be very glad of that! I have been attacked by the nasty bitey scary beasties more than once and they are bigger and faster than you'd expect too. :blush:

Agreed, they frightened the living poo out of me last winter.
Pitch black country road, a nice beam of light from my halogens. All of a sudden, a black 'shape' trundes right out in front of me, into the light, then out just as quick.
:ohmy::ohmy::ohmy: F'koffffffffffff :ohmy::ohmy::ohmy: I found myself shouting in the blackness....desperately trying to regain control of the bike and my composure :ohmy:

longers

Legendary Member
Seen today :- A very large model of Concorde made out of willow.

I came across a Flyball competition in a field near Prestbury and had a very entertaining half hour watching some very fast dogs. ;)

I also saw a bloke who I used to work near and wasn't sure if he'd be still with us. He is, he's doing very well and so is Kickstart (one of his nicer cats). :sad:

got-to-get-fit

I work in an industrial area and have to pass through two towns and an industrial park so most of the wildlife i see is usually flat, dead and preceeded by a meter of blood and intestines.

Most exotic dead thing i have seen is a badger

snorri

Legendary Member
I see mostly birds of the seashore, curlew, oystercatcher, ringed plover, turnstone, the odd osprey in season, redshank and heron, terns and gulls too of course!

ooooh, redshanks. any Guillemots?

today i saw this bloke... http://www.grantcrawley.com/

he was struggling up a hill in Richmond Park with a huge bag on his back. i casually asked about it and he said he'd just ridden from Bristol and was on his way to Euston! i tracked him down on the Action medical site as he was the only one to do the 100 and the Etape caledonia. what a bloke, chapeau to him. i decided to give him some money too.

L

Top Bottom