Sensible Clubs and Societies

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Im not overly familiar with London, but I always thought it was well known for its dearth of mountains?

A friend of mine belongs to the 'South Devon Mountaineering club' the t shirt always raises a smile.

To be fair I think they do a fair bit of cliff climbing, and go on trips to bigger stuff.

But It uses all my willpower not to wax lyrical about the rarefied air of The Totnes Massif, when I see it.

Back in the early 80's when I lived on the Isle of Bute, a new guy came to the island.
He was known as "Jimmy the Joiner".
The masonic, speakers club, golf club, bowling club, tennis club, rugby club, football club; you name it, he joined it!

There's something to be said for integrating into a community.

(Says the person who won't join anything... Is there a hypocrites club?)

Trickedem

Guru
Interesting thread. I may have to reconsider some of these memberships when I retire, just totting them up makes me realise how much I am paying.
The Magic Circle
Equity
Medway Magical Society
The Fridays
Cycling UK (mainly for insurance)
San Fairy Anne Cycling Club
Royal Artillery Boys and Junior Leaders Association
REME Corps Association

All uphill

Still rolling along
I think I'm technically still a member of the Church of England. They don't seem to have missed me in the last 50 years, or me them.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Im not overly familiar with London, but I always thought it was well known for its dearth of mountains?

Which is why it needs a mountaineering club. If you live in the mountains then forming a club to enjoy them hardly seems worthwhile. Where there is logistics involved in enjoying your past time. Then a club makes sense.

Top Bottom