Shaving - what kind of razor ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I haven't really got that much hair that the comb thingy would be any use on that razor.

That looks nice though.Probably cheaper than Mach 3 with is possibly overpriced IMHO.

Im going to look one of those up on ebay...No harm in owning one.

I went away for a few days and forgot the usual shaving gear so bought a special offer 'king of shaves' gel stuff with a free multi-blade razor. Razor looks odd but worked rather well for me.
Been using brush/soap for a long time and those razor pics goo posted do look very good..
I am curiously waiting for Gillettes next 'all new better than ever' razor thing

Plax

Guru
I use Mr Plax's second Mach 3 razor to shave my legs. If he annoys me I put the used blade back on his razor so he shouts that his blade is blunt. Happy days, I remember doing that with my dads razors, it would right wind him up.

jeltz

Veteran
Well I used this tonight
View attachment 6657
Only my dozenth or so shave with a straight (aka cut throat) razor, result was smooth above chin line but roughish below, but its an acquired art, and no major blood letting!

One tricky thing to get used to when shaving with a straight razor is that you shave half your face right handed and the other half left handed.

Klaus

Yep, using double-edged, Parker and Merkur models.
Blades are widely available, best deals on Ebay. Best blade I have used so far is "Feather" from Japan. I also sometimes use disposables and elecric, but generally the double-edged gives the closest shave.
I also recommend an alum block for post shave treatment, is anti-septic and prevents small nicks or cuts from bleeding

Top Bottom