Shimano or Look Pedals?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mattobrien

Guru
I went from a 105 pedal to a look keo max 2 carbon, as the looks where OEM on a new bike. The Looks felt much better than the 105's, easier to clip into and it felt like more of a platform to push down on.

I also bought some Look Ti blades for the good bike and kept the Max for the winter bike.

Look pedals appear to be lighter than the equivalent shimano, the Ti blades are around 190grms for the pedals, whereas Dura Ace were a reasonable percentage more, not much though int he grand scheme.

I am very happy with my pedal choice.

OP
OP
Peteaud

Peteaud

Veteran
I went from a 105 pedal to a look keo max 2 carbon, as the looks where OEM on a new bike. The Looks felt much better than the 105's, easier to clip into and it felt like more of a platform to push down on.

I also bought some Look Ti blades for the good bike and kept the Max for the winter bike.

Look pedals appear to be lighter than the equivalent shimano, the Ti blades are around 190grms for the pedals, whereas Dura Ace were a reasonable percentage more, not much though int he grand scheme.

I am very happy with my pedal choice.

Looks are winning at the moment. I am not going to make a snap decision, but the speedplay just look way to complicated. The roads i ride are backlanes and the cleats can get pretty crud filled. Winter bike has SPD so in fairness the new ones will be summer only, and the looks do look good, and are light. The non adjustment is a bit worrying tho.

YahudaMoon

Über Member
Ive not used road shoes for about 6 years due to the Look plastic cleats being made of not plastic, but cheese, they just dont last any time at all

Speedplays I havent used, though got onto them about 7 years back and people say they are very good with a cleat that last ages as it has a steel plate

Speedplay recommend changing the cleats every 5000 miles I think?

More expensive the Speedplays though Ithink a better investment long term, and lots of pro cyclist use them, so they cant be bad?

OP
OP
Peteaud

Peteaud

Veteran
OP
OP
Peteaud

Peteaud

Veteran
Shimano Ultegra 6800 carbon ordered.

Thanks all.

Love the look and design of the Keo2 but no adjustment left me wondering, what if.
Like the idea behind speedplay, dont like the maintenance required.
I paid £78.00 for Ultegra 6800 Carbon pedals, if i dont like them i can sell them easy enough without losing too much. RRP £150.00 eek

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Stomp down.

I figured that :smile: I meant do they clip under the cleat? To the side? Using magnets?

Lummy they're expensive though!

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Forgetting all the technical aspects
Get them :thumbsup: You cant have the whole group set and then mix and match the pedals ! A true tart would never dream of it :laugh:

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Shimano Ultegra 6800 carbon ordered.

Thanks all.

Love the look and design of the Keo2 but no adjustment left me wondering, what if.
Like the idea behind speedplay, dont like the maintenance required.
I paid £78.00 for Ultegra 6800 Carbon pedals, if i dont like them i can sell them easy enough without losing too much. RRP £150.00 eek

Phew ! For a second there I thought you had lost your way :laugh:

Top Bottom