Shoes . .

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jamin100

Guru
Ok, this week has been bloody freezing here and by the time ive done my 10 mile commute my toes feel like they are going to snap off. Seriously they are that cold. I know im not wearing the right footwear so need to do something about it.

Currently wearing some cheap trainers what have a mesh like top so obviously they are letting all the cold air in. Even with a normal pair of socks and some thick walking boot type socks my feet were still bitterly cold.

So, I want something trainer like that are going to help keep my feet warm. I dont use any sort of attachement to clip into my pedals.

Any recommendations?

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Ever thought of overshoes? They go over the shoes/trainers - I've got a couple of pairs and they've good.

ACS

Legendary Member
Altura Night Vision City Overshoes may fit the bill. I have been using a pair for commuting in since 09.

wiggle

I have to admit I have recently upgraded to Defroster winter boots but still use overshoes to try and keep the road crap (rural commute) off my footwear.

I know it sounds strange....but I swear by plastic bags! I also silicon up the airvents of the shoe (if using cycling shoes that is). I will then remove these when summer gets here.

My method -
Step 1 - Put foot into plastic bag
Step 2 - Add walking (semi thick) sock
Step 3 - Step into cycling shoe (mine are clip shoes)
Step 4 - Add overshoe.

I swear by this it really really works I was out all day last Sunday it was freezing 'up north' and my feet were lovelly and warm. Prior to using this method they were always always freezing and numb.
I read this in 2 cycling magazines in December.

Plus its a bonus as its cheap!!!!!! ^_^

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Overshoes won't last long if you use them with trainers. They are designed to work with cycling shoes with cleats and even then they don't last.

Top Bottom