shorts in winter - will i damage my knees?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MarkF

Guru
And they don't run about as fast as you cycle.

This is the biggest difference in my view, wind chill.

Wind chill, fair enough. Not that I suffer from that unless going downhill early on a ride! ^_^

I'd never have worn them in a football match and never thought about them for cycling, I do use layers and gloves though. I heat up quick & most are jettisoned after 10/20 minutes.

Keith Oates

Janner
I once read that we should cover our knees when cycling if the temperature is 10 Deg. C or less. I don't know who said this but I generally stick with that suggestion as it's fairly good information and like many things, we can get away with it when we are younger but it might catch up with you when you get older.!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bpsmith

Veteran
I am rather perplexed with why the fact that someone earns millions of pounds has anything to do with how the cold affects them.

Citius

I am rather perplexed with why the fact that someone earns millions of pounds has anything to do with how the cold affects them.

I suspect we are rather perplexed because we don't understand what you are talking about?

bpsmith

Veteran
I suspect we are rather perplexed because we don't understand what you are talking about?
Then you're dafter than you sound, as you you quoted the post only a page back. ;)

Citius

You mentioned their earnings though - I'm struggling with the relevance of that. Unless you can explain ?

Hip Priest

Veteran
Footballers don't wear overshoes either. What conclusions are we to draw from this? I suspect it's that cold temperatures affect people running around a pitch less than they affect someone whose feet and legs are in being propelled through the air at reasonably high speeds for long periods.

Kajjal

Guru
Very different forms of exercise. Cycling for a few hours for most cyclists is easy enough. Continually playing football for a few hours would finish most off.

Citius

Very different forms of exercise.

Nah, not really...

233444,xcitefun-cycle-ball.jpg

Top Bottom