Shot at!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrHappyCyclist

Riding the Devil's HIghway
I was on my way home when I heard a loud crack from the side of my helmet. There's a hole in the shell of the helmet with an air-gun pellet embedded in the expanded polystyrene underneath! I've told the police, though I don't think there is much they can do; I couldn't see anyone nearby when I stopped to look.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Sh1t! Glad you're ok. There are some right pricks out there. Could have blinded you.

I suppose it's possible the local plod will have a list of likely scroats to keep an eye on.

Ibbots

That's pretty scary, where did it happen? I've had a bottle thrown at me on the dual carriageway bit and a pint glass in Pendlebury in the past but this is something else.

Glad you were not hurt

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Holy c**p !!

Glad you are ok , without you seeing the culprits i am afraid there is not much the plod can do .

And .....

See helmets do have their uses ( runs and hides from the fallout :whistle:)

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
If the police don't do anything that will be disgusting. As the pellet embedded in your helmet that's as good (bad) as attempted murder. Being shot at, in the head, is serious. They usually catch the scrotes who fire air weapons at people it's probably someone firing from their house. Keep pushing it with the boys in blue. Get the story in the local press if they don't seem too concerned with you.

OP
OP
MrHappyCyclist

MrHappyCyclist

That's pretty scary, where did it happen? I've had a bottle thrown at me on the dual carriageway bit and a pint glass in Pendlebury in the past but this is something else.

Glad you were not hurt

Thanks. It wasn't in Salford, it was on the stretch of Manchester Road that runs parallel to St Peter's Way just after leaving Moses Gate going towards Bolton. Almost level with the junction of Rowena Street. It could have come from the houses on the left there.

It's interesting that this sort of thing is one of the reasons I prefer to tackle various busy roundabouts and main roads rather than taking the back-roads, though in this instance I was on a main road.

gavintc

Guru
That is quite impressive shooting to aim off and to hit a moving target.

However, good shooting or not, this is completely unacceptable and I do hope the police take it seriously. If the cops do not take this one further, it might be worth going to the local papers.

Mr Crash

That is more than a twat that did that.

david1701

air rifles count as fire arms so the offence comes under the fire arms laws and they get real tetchy about those so hopefully something will be done

OP
OP
MrHappyCyclist

MrHappyCyclist

PelletHole.jpg
My poor helmet! :sad:

OP
OP
MrHappyCyclist

MrHappyCyclist

air rifles count as fire arms so the offence comes under the fire arms laws and they get real tetchy about those so hopefully something will be done

They do seem to be taking it seriously. I have an appointment for an officer to ring me back this evening. It's just that, unless they have other reports, I don't see that there's much they can do. All I can give them is a time and place.

Ibbots

Thanks. It wasn't in Salford, it was on the stretch of Manchester Road that runs parallel to St Peter's Way just after leaving Moses Gate going towards Bolton. Almost level with the junction of Rowena Street. It could have come from the houses on the left there.

It's interesting that this sort of thing is one of the reasons I prefer to tackle various busy roundabouts and main roads rather than taking the back-roads, though in this instance I was on a main road.

I know the spot, usually just dodging side swipes from vans and buses there. Having to duck and swerve too is going make it extremely hazardous.

buggi

Bird Saviour
there have been cases of people dying from air pellets. i heard of one girl who go shot in the ribs and the pellet nicked an artery. dead in minutes.

Top Bottom