Should I have a word with my mate?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fran143

Über Member
You fail to see the difference between a conversation and a lecture, shame that!:rolleyes:

Why are you so fixated on helmets anyway.....are you a secret helmet fiend....go on admit it.;)

Why are you so fixated on helmets anyway.....are you a secret helmet fiend....go on admit it.;)

Let me ask you a question. In a year how many head injured motorists, head injured pedestrians and head injured cyclists do you see in your A&E?

Fran143

Über Member
This is getting old....if I had any intention of talking shop it would be with colleagues....not some guy with a bee in his helmet!

I suspect the lack of an answer is really because it would mean admitting you see massively more head injured motorists and pedestrians than you do cyclists. Yet you presume to tell me not to turn up at your A&E if I have a cycling accident without a helmet - something i doubt very much you would tell any pedestrian or motorist. So who exactly has a bee in their bonnet about helmets?

Cubist

Still wavin'
This is getting old....if I had any intention of talking shop it would be with colleagues....not some guy with a bee in his helmet!

You go girl!

Smokin'..........................
cool.gif

lukesdad

Fact is there have been 2 threads in helmet debates in the last month ( last one by Red Light) with 1 reply on each.

Nobody is interested Red Light or, they re fed up to the back teeth with them, can t you understand that ?

Take it to the relevent place and you can gibber away to yourself all day about it, we won t bother you honest :thumbsup:

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Are you suggesting you're any better at helmet debates than Redlight? ;)

Fact is there have been 2 threads in helmet debates in the last month ( last one by Red Light) with 1 reply on each.

Nobody is interested Red Light or, they re fed up to the back teeth with them, can t you understand that ?

Take it to the relevent place and you can gibber away to yourself all day about it, we won t bother you honest :thumbsup:

My post was a piece of factual information that needed no reply. But for a topic with no interest, you seem to take an awful lot of interest in it. Since 1 September there have been five threads in Helmet Debates with between 400 and 700 posts each, many of them yours. But tell you what, if you're not interested simply don't visit the Helmet Debates section. It will become you so much more than trying to be the Forum Censor.

Fran143

Über Member
I think that's known as a distraction technique, since Fran knows you're right, Redlight.

It's not about him being right, all through this thread he has bumped his gums.....what I am saying is I really don't care if he goes out without a helmet on it is of no consequence to me....AT ALL! What irritates me is that RL has jumped on the OP for "lecturing" amongst other stuff.

Had a friend yesterday going along a cycle path at the side of a golf course when a ball hit her on the head.....lucky white heather but I'm sure she'd have felt it a lot more had she been wearing a wooly bunnet rather than her helmet.:rolleyes:

As for all these examples of not providing further safety, why do guys on building sites wear hardhats.....is it because they are aware they prevent more serious injuries or did someone actually volunteer to stand still whilst a hammer was dropped on their head from above to see if it made a difference?;)

Fran143

Über Member

How could I have missed this....he's a serial offender on this matter......by-gods I'm off out to get a life!

Actually, I'm off out to the garage to get my helmet before riding my bike!:evil:

Had a friend yesterday going along a cycle path at the side of a golf course when a ball hit her on the head.....lucky white heather but I'm sure she'd have felt it a lot more had she been wearing a wooly bunnet rather than her helmet.:rolleyes:

I didn't realise golf balls were selective and only hit cyclists on the head. Or are you proposing anyone living or walking near a golf course plus golfers and spectators should wear a helmet?

"In conclusion, golf clubs pose a significant threat to children
when unsupervised and the high number of childhood golf
related head injuries, particularly frontal injury, is disturbing.
It would seem that parents are unaware of the risks of serious
and permanent head injury with the potential for death.
"
Macgregor D, Golf related head injuries in children, Emerg. Med. J. 19(6), 576-577 (2002)

As for all these examples of not providing further safety, why do guys on building sites wear hardhats.....is it because they are aware they prevent more serious injuries or did someone actually volunteer to stand still whilst a hammer was dropped on their head from above to see if it made a difference?;)

Why do you not wear a helmet and nomex fire suit in a car and wear a five point harness? Racing drivers do and surely they must know about crashing and safety. And as the M5 demonstrated last week fire is a serious hazard in a car accident.

But why is the thinking of some of our health professionals on helmets always so woolly, illogical and uninformed? You're not Angie Lee are you?

Actually, I'm off out to the garage to get my helmet before riding my bike!:evil:

I have no problem with what you choose to wear on your head when riding your bike and you won't find me lecturing you about your wearing one. I do have a problem with all the helmet wearers, like the OP and yourself, who see it as their role to lecture me and others about our personal choice not to wear one. Enjoy your ride but stay clear of the golf course. :hello:

Top Bottom