Should I report this guy? (vid)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
* gets annoyed at all the popcorn crunching going on, and so considers having a word...*

blazed

220lb+
purplepolly said:
Hmm I expect he must have posted a lot on one of your helmetcam threads, blazed was quite keen on your video in the cycling in the middle of the lane thread on beginners.
Nope this is my first and only account here, i have only been cycling a few weeks since i had to stop running. The reason i bought up that video was simple, i hate people cycling in the middle of the road when i am driving my car, thats it.

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
blazed said:
Nope this is my first and only account here, i have only been cycling a few weeks since i had to stop running. The reason i bought up that video was simple, i hate people cycling in the middle of the road when i am driving my car, thats it.
Aaaah, I see.... one of those idiots who can't see far enough ahead to understand why the cyclist is doing it, and too full of yourself to actually care.

Another muppet on the road... and now on the forum too. Brilliant. No, really.

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
magnatom said:
* gets annoyed at all the popcorn crunching going on, and so considers having a word...*
Unless you have video evidence, Mr... I suggest you sit back down. Pass the maltesers while you're there too, there's a good chap. ;)

blazed

220lb+
Sh4rkyBloke said:
Aaaah, I see.... one of those idiots who can't see far enough ahead to understand why the cyclist is doing it, and too full of yourself to actually care.

Another muppet on the road... and now on the forum too. Brilliant. No, really.
Well i have been driving 5 years and havent had an accident yet so i must be doing something right. Although i do have 9 points, but thats because in some areas the speed cameras face towards you, im used to them facing the other way so ive been caught out a few times.

Jim_Noir

blazed said:
Well i have been driving 5 years and havent had an accident yet so i must be doing something right. Although i do have 9 points, but thats because in some areas the speed cameras face towards you, im used to them facing the other way so ive been caught out a few times.
9 points in 5 years, are you St Mirren FC in disguise?

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
blazed said:

You what??????

And you are driving a ton or so of metal at speed in areas that are likely to have pedestrians??????

And your excuse for getting points is because the cameras were facing the 'wrong' way. Is that what they tell you when they give you the licence in a cracker, speeding's ok as long as there isn't a camera about?

How about accepting responsibility for your actions, admitting you were wrong to speed, and you were actually caught because you were driving above the speed limit?

Origamist

Legendary Member
jonredhornet said:
Regarding the additional 'life saver' observations, I agree that you can't do enough of these. From looking at the video though only 4 seconds pass between my observation and the lorry passing me. In terms of prior observations, I'd just pulled right onto that road a few seconds before from a junction and you can clearly see the lorry but he is a long distance back at this point. My bad that I didn't clock how quickly he was going.

This is very close to the start of my commute and I clipped the video to try and maintain some anonymity. Most users here seem like a great bunch of people, but you never know who you'll meet online. This blazed character for instance, so blinded by his precoinscieved opinion of cyclists that he spouts unreasoned opinions on this forum. I'd prefer people with this skewed mindset to know as little about me as possible ;)

I adopt different tactics when dealing with HGVs due their size and extended braking distances. I try to keep an eye on them as much as possible - often a lingering look back to get a better idea of their speed and possible intention, but sometimes you just have to trust other road users when you are being overtaken.

It's in these kind of HGV encounters, I miss the ease of rearward scanning that a mirror provides....

getfit

blazed said:

If you think 5 years is some qualification you are sadly mistaken young man. Not having had an accident means nothing.

I saw a phrase some 20 years ago and it is so true.

'A superior pilot is one that uses his/her superior knowledge to avoid a situation that will require their superior skill'

Change pilot to driver, cyclist etc. You may well have had an accident by now except for a 'Superior' driver having saved the situation.

9 points but only because you didn't know the camera faced the other way!!!!! You are an idiot. I look forward to you getting the next set of points and having to use the bike daily, and then maybe you will be a little more open minded.

And a final point. The cyclist has right of way as he is ahead on the road, the lorry driver has to take him into account when deciding if it is safe to overtake, the cyclist, car etc.
[FONT=&quot]
GF[/FONT]

Top Bottom