Shoved off bike by double decker bus !!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrHappyCyclist

Riding the Devil's HIghway
BB, I think your sat nav might have brought you to the wrong place. This is CycleChat. Were you trying to get to the oxymoronically named SafeSpeed forums by any chance? It might be better to reverse carefully back to the information superhighway before you get completely stuck between the dry stone wall and the cliffs.

Bottom Bracket

BB, I think your sat nav might have brought you to the wrong place. This is CycleChat. Were you trying to get to the oxymoronically named SafeSpeed forums by any chance? It might be better to reverse carefully back to the information superhighway before you get completely stuck between the dry stone wall and the cliffs.

I agree with you about the unreliabilty of SatNav, and I apologise for my misplaced posts

I would like to think that cyclists would be able to remain secure in the vicinity of cliffs and drystone walls - big Super Highways are best left to big Heavy Metal

BB

Do you have some special qualification or power which entitles you to decide unilaterally about whether or not another road user is 'good or bad'?

Do you recognise the 'right' of other road users to come to a similar conclusion about your own behaviour on the road?

Bottom Bracket

Ever honked your horn at a car that's cut you up?

is that not you passing judgement on another driver's behavior?

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
:troll:. Next!

Bottom Bracket, on 02 May 2011 - 21:49:56, said:

Whatever the Highway Code might say, when it comes to a heirarchy of road-users, cyclists are at the bottom of the pecking order, alongside skaters, wheelchair-users and drunks

Tinuts

Wham Bam Helmet Cam
This is the problem with what some of us are doing. Peoples perception is that close passes etc.. are not really a problem because they are part of cycling. That doesn't mean it's right or that we should put up with it.

Exactly.

OP
OP
gbb

gbb

Legendary Member
Do you have some special qualification or power which entitles you to decide unilaterally about whether or not another road user is 'good or bad'?

Do you recognise the 'right' of other road users to come to a similar conclusion about your own behaviour on the road?

Bottom Bracket

Ironic, youve made exactly that same judgement against me, without being there, with no apology or remorse after i held out a conciliatory hand to you in a previous post. You need to take a long hard look at yourself BB. You're beginning to (expletive deleted) me off. You're a joke :laugh:

OP
OP
gbb

gbb

Legendary Member
Bit of an update...
Police have been in touch, they've spoken to my witness (full statement to follow) and he's corroberated everything ive told them. I pushed the point to the policewoman that i was aware he MAY not be aware of some precise details that may be important (and if he wasnt, it wouldnt do me any favours) but she said he's backed up what i stated.
Statements to follow from various parties...balls rolling, looking good at the mo.

BTW, anyone had experience re repairs...
Police will get me a form to claim costs in the event of a prosecution, the courts would then issue damages on that basis.
Is that the best or only way to go ? or am i better seeking other avenues (if there are any). I'm only interested in the repair costs to the bike BTW)

Top Bottom