Show us the inside of your kitchen cupboard

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Mr WD says we need a bigger larder. To be Honest I need to have a good sort out and put things into better order.:laugh:

Might be a job for tomorrow

straas

Matt
I think you could make the pantry hold more by increasing the depth of the shelves?

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Fair enough. :okay:

Pittas can be made similarly, only thing is, you roll the dough out thinner. :laugh:
I've been making my own flat breads of various guises of late, very satisfying and easy to do. You cant have too much salt is my tip!

I'm going to have a go at Italian Taralli for this coming weekend. They make a great zoom beer/wine snack.

I like the OP's spice rack on the inside of the door idea....

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Following on from Drago's "During the war" thread, if the sirens sound and the balloon goes up, I'm heading for Welsh Dragon's bunker / pantry / food distribution centre hybrid!

WD could probably channel Crocodile Dundee:
"That's not a cupboard.... THIS is a cupboard."

It was a glass verandah that had seen better days and as we needed more cupboard space we ripped the top half off, made new walls, plastered it and made it a proper enclosed room. Much more useful. I have my freezer out there as well.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Whats your flatbread recipe?

I do equal weights of yoghurt and flour with a little baking powder. Mixed and dry fried.
frying pan flat breads is plain flour (I used Spelt flour the other day), water (approx 2g:1ml) salt and olive oil (decent lug)
mix to a soft dough, 5 minute knead. stand for 5 5 -30 min. roll out and fry 2 mins per side -ish

Pitta is bread flour & yeast & salt & olive oil.
Again mix to soft dough & knead for 5-10 mins
Prove for 45min-1 hour
Divide and roll into pitta shapes
cover and prove again for 15mins on flour dusted baking tray
cook in very hot oven for 8-10 mins.

frying pan flat breads is plain flour (I used Spelt flour the other day), water (approx 2g:1ml) salt and olive oil (decent lug)
mix to a soft dough, 5 minute knead. stand for 5 5 -30 min. roll out and fry 2 mins per side -ish

Pitta is bread flour & yeast & salt & olive oil.
Again mix to soft dough & knead for 5-10 mins
Prove for 45min-1 hour
Divide and roll into pitta shapes
cover and prove again for 15mins on flour dusted baking tray
cook in very hot oven for 8-10 mins.

Yup, that's about right.

I have a baking stone, which I use instead of a frying pan, but same difference.

Homemade pitta is lush btw, especially with homemade hummus... :hungry:

Top Bottom