Show us yer BBQ kit, food, and share recipes!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lullabelle

Banana
Blimey you lot are hard core.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Got a new bbq today, last one so already built up and 10% off !!
I'd have paid 10% more for that:laugh:

Just tested , now stuffed:becool:

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
2nd attempt at the reverse sear. First pic is the steak resting. I took it off at 50 degrees internal temp, rested for 15 minutes ramped the coal temp up for the last 2 minutes on the grill. Got some nice flames from the steak fat.
The Mrs doesn’t like it too pink so this was perfect, served with dauphinois potato and asparagus

Cheers 🍷🔥🥩🌞

SGG on a bike

Blimey you lot are hard core.

Hope you're sitting tight....
I started off with this - I built this about 20 years ago as a straight bbq and added the smoking bits around 2005. It's still in use at a friends placenow as I've upscaled a little...

Next came the Dancook 1400. It started off as just a kettle grill on a tripod, but to make it more usable, I built it into a 5ft stainless catering table. It's a brilliant grill and works well as a smoker too. I've made bread in it, full roast dinners, including yorkie puds and it's my "go to" for home grilling. Over summer it gets used several times a week just to cook dinner.

I've also added a quick release hinge to the lid for convenience now it's in the table.

Next came a vertical offset cabinet smoker. It's about the size of a double oven with six shelves. It's had a small modification to balance out the hot spot on the right hand side due to the firebox. It works best on wood rather than charcoal and needs "feeding" quite regularly. Shown on the left in the next picture.

Also shown is the Dancook (centre) and on the right is a Green Mountain Grills Daniel Boone Pellet smoker. It's fully electric, running on hardwood pellets and is WiFi controlled. Whilst ultimately not as good as a pure stick burner, it produces excellent, consistent results and is capable of holding two full packer Briskets (7kg each) with the additional top shelf installed.

Nearly there....

Next came the Jumbuck Rotisserie. Self explanatory really, but compliments the others nicely and gives another cooking option. (Dancook shown with hinged lid in place)

Finally, or I should say, that's it for now, there's "Brian". Brian is a Reverse flow offset smoker. Weight is around 750kg and is trailer mounted. The main chamber is capable of holding a whole pig, or with all three shelves in about 12x 7kg full packer Briskets. The cabinet on the rear is a warming cabinet, or can be used as a smoker/oven/grill depending on which internal components are installed. It has a hot plate, Charcoal grate (for grilling) and independent temp control from the main smoker. It runs solely on wood and needs about two split per hour to sit at 250f/275f left side to right side.

Next on the wish list is a fully insulated cabinet smoker, possibly gravity fed. I do use Brian commercially, so it does pay for itself and is a joy to use, mainly because it's traditional and "right".

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
New toy arrived today

Has a Bluetooth meat probe, linked to an app. Set the temperature, real-time temp gauge and alerts when the meat is done

A rotisserie as well. Tonight was Chicken shawarma kebabs, roasted veg flatbreads & raita

Bbq’ing 21st century style😎🔥

New toy arrived today
View attachment 523992

View attachment 523993

Has a Bluetooth meat probe, linked to an app. Set the temperature, real-time temp gauge and alerts when the meat is done View attachment 523996
A rotisserie as well. Tonight was Chicken shawarma kebabs, roasted veg flatbreads & raita View attachment 523997

View attachment 523998

View attachment 523999

View attachment 524000
Bbq’ing 21st century style😎🔥
Is the BBQ variant of the bike n+1 compulsion to buy another one called b+1?

Lullabelle

Banana
2nd attempt at the reverse sear. First pic is the steak resting. I took it off at 50 degrees internal temp, rested for 15 minutes ramped the coal temp up for the last 2 minutes on the grill. Got some nice flames from the steak fat.
The Mrs doesn’t like it too pink so this was perfect, served with dauphinois potato and asparagus

Cheers 🍷🔥🥩🌞 View attachment 523682
View attachment 523683

View attachment 523684

View attachment 523685

View attachment 523686

View attachment 523687

View attachment 523688

:ohmy: where was my invite :hungry:

Lullabelle

Banana
Hope you're sitting tight....
I started off with this - I built this about 20 years ago as a straight bbq and added the smoking bits around 2005. It's still in use at a friends placenow as I've upscaled a little...

View attachment 523678

Next came the Dancook 1400. It started off as just a kettle grill on a tripod, but to make it more usable, I built it into a 5ft stainless catering table. It's a brilliant grill and works well as a smoker too. I've made bread in it, full roast dinners, including yorkie puds and it's my "go to" for home grilling. Over summer it gets used several times a week just to cook dinner.

View attachment 523679

I've also added a quick release hinge to the lid for convenience now it's in the table.

View attachment 523680

Next came a vertical offset cabinet smoker. It's about the size of a double oven with six shelves. It's had a small modification to balance out the hot spot on the right hand side due to the firebox. It works best on wood rather than charcoal and needs "feeding" quite regularly. Shown on the left in the next picture.

Also shown is the Dancook (centre) and on the right is a Green Mountain Grills Daniel Boone Pellet smoker. It's fully electric, running on hardwood pellets and is WiFi controlled. Whilst ultimately not as good as a pure stick burner, it produces excellent, consistent results and is capable of holding two full packer Briskets (7kg each) with the additional top shelf installed.

View attachment 523681

Nearly there....

Next came the Jumbuck Rotisserie. Self explanatory really, but compliments the others nicely and gives another cooking option. (Dancook shown with hinged lid in place)

View attachment 523689

Finally, or I should say, that's it for now, there's "Brian". Brian is a Reverse flow offset smoker. Weight is around 750kg and is trailer mounted. The main chamber is capable of holding a whole pig, or with all three shelves in about 12x 7kg full packer Briskets. The cabinet on the rear is a warming cabinet, or can be used as a smoker/oven/grill depending on which internal components are installed. It has a hot plate, Charcoal grate (for grilling) and independent temp control from the main smoker. It runs solely on wood and needs about two split per hour to sit at 250f/275f left side to right side.

View attachment 523691

View attachment 523702

Next on the wish list is a fully insulated cabinet smoker, possibly gravity fed. I do use Brian commercially, so it does pay for itself and is a joy to use, mainly because it's traditional and "right".

:notworthy:

jayonabike