show us your cube

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Goggs

Guru
This is my new Cube Hyde Pro. I'm loving it so far although my bum is killing me & I'm having problems with my wrists too. I'm putting it down to being off a bike for the last 9 months. I may need to change the saddle for something less stylish but more comfortable. Currently it's the stock Selle Royal Prestige. The grips are Cube's answer to the Ergons and they should be good so I might have some problems fixing this. I don't have padded mitts yet though & they'll surely help.

Anyway, enjoy..

_DSC9160_zpsbpijy6y7.jpg

D

Deleted member 23692

I suppose now is as good a time as any to post Cube No3... a 2013 Hyde Race

large.jpg

It now sports an Alfine crankset, Superstar Nano-X flat pedals and some very quick Vittoria Voyager Hyper tyres.

A superb bike for bombing round town, commuting and all those rides where you don't want to wear 'cycling' clothing. Virtually maintenance free too

Goggs

Guru
@Ffoeg

Nice bike mate! Do you find Alfine to be an upgrade over Nexus? If so, in what ways? I wanted to go for the current Race with the belt drive but couldn't really scrape the money together & I was kinda worried about my own ability to repair it when it all went wrong. What mudguards are you using there btw?

D

Deleted member 23692

@Ffoeg ice bike mate!
Yours too :smile:

Not having ridden a bike with a nexus hub, I can't really answer that question, but my Alfine is silky smooth and super quiet I do find myself sneaking up on folk without them noticing. I doubt there's much difference between the two

I was looking at the belt drive (2014) version but I'm not 100% convinced by them, and none were to be found anywhere in the country at the time I was looking. As luck would have it I managed to find a brand new 2013 model complete with chain. It was incorrectly described on the eBay ad (by a bike shop in the west country) and after quizzing the seller to check the spec,he agreed to sell direct to avoid eBay fees, so we both saved money. Happy days :smile:

The mudguards are Cube own alloy trekking ones. They are about £35ish pair, so not cheap but they are gorgeous. I think they've changed the design now and aren't as sleek. You might find some old stock knocking about if you scour the web.

D

Deleted member 23692

Oh..... loving the Big Apples tyres too. I had them on my MTB spare wheels. They were superb and far faster rolling than you'd think for such a fat tyres. I rate them so much I've just slapped a pair of Super Moto tyres on now - supposedly the racing version of Big Apples @ 2.35" wide. Such fun :smile:

Goggs

Guru
When I was researching my bike I read that one of the great things about the Gates belt drive system was it's silence but in all honesty, my bike is all but silent too. That may change with wear & tear but so far I love it. The pedant in me likes the constantly perfect chain line too.

The tyres are excellent. My last bike - a Specialized Rock hopper SL Disc - was nearly 3kg lighter but it wouldn't get close to the Hyde on tarmac. I love mixing with traffic around the town here ;)

The only concerns I have are with the pedals. The ones supplied actually seem pretty decent but I opted to fit my own SPD's but I'm not so comfortable with them around town. On my Specialized I was using a pair of Shimano DX's but they got stolen along with the bike. When I was planning buying the Hyde I had decided I was going to buy the new Shipman Saint's but I've now read up on your Superstars and they sound good.

Decisions, decisions..

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 23692

When I was researching my bike I read that one of the great things about the Gates belt drive system was it's silence but in all honesty, my bike is all but silent too. That may change with wear & tear but so far I love it. The pedant in me likes the constantly perfect chain line too.

The tyres are excellent. My last bike - a Specialized Rock hopper SL Disc - was nearly 3kg lighter but it wouldn't get close to the Hyde on tarmac. I love mixing with traffic around the town here ;)

The only concerns I have are with the pedals. The ones supplied actually seem pretty decent but I opted to fit my own SPD's but I'm not so comfortable with them around town. On my Specialized I was using a pair of Shipman DX's but they got stolen along with the bike. When I was planning buying the Hyde I had decided I was going to buy the new Shipman Saint's but I've now read up on your Superstars and they sound good.

Decisions, decisions..
I've got Shimano (Shipmans?) DX pedla on my MTB and love the stability clipped in or not. On the photo above I'm using Shimano XT trekking pedals with SPD on one side and platform ion the other. They are lovely pedals except when there is the slightest bit of moisture around the flat side becomes so slippy it's dangerous.

As I use the bike for basking about on I found I was using the flat side more than the SPD so decide to go flat. The Nano-X ones are so grippy you'd think you were clipped in. They come with 8mm or 10mm pins so you can customise the pins to how you want - I'm using the 8mm and it's more than enough. I'd highly recommend these - made in the UK too :smile:

Tojo

Über Member
Here's my newly acquired, first Cube I've had but loved it as soon as I picked it up.......:thumbsup:
canvas.png

keithmac

Guru
Gates Carbon Drive is a wonderful bit of kit, lovely and smooth.

Worth having a ride on a bike with it fitted.

keithmac

Guru
My Carbon Drive is on a single speed, I have another bike with Nuvinci rear hub but unfortunately can't conver that over to a belt but would if I could!.

Top Bottom