Show us your.......newbie progress! [4 Sep 2012 - 4 Oct 2014]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Latest update, i can now do 4 days of commuting a week every week and generally recover much quicker, weight is still coming off so that's all good, best part is my commute in yesterday morning put me to a total of 2000m for the year, so to say the least a tad chuffed :smile:
Glad you are getting the miles in

Well I managed 5 miles this morning @ 17mph, then two rides this aft one of 20 miles 14.8mph and one of 9.48 miles @ 14.5mpg, still managed 15.01mpg overall total of 40ft a mile.

Can you fit a countersink screw from the inside (with the wheel out) and have the nut on the outside?
What I might do is reverse the bolt & nut as the head is quite small, only problem that way is if it comes undone and if the bolt comes out it is likely to jam the chain/cassette however this is only a small chance.

As far as I am aware this is only the 2nd time i have done this in sub 18mins moving time.
upload_2014-10-3_17-19-7.png

Well done Nigel, I need about 8 miles to get warmed up lol, The one thing that annoys me with strava, if you do a segment like that and get held up at a junction the wait time still counts in a record instead of just moving time.
Thanks, I know thats why i had to go through the other times, I did think it might have been my best, but seems I did do it quicker once, as for the ride as you might have seen, down hill then a 100ft or so climb, then its pretty much down hill, with a gentle raise through the middle section. there are eight traffic lights plus two pedestrian, five (2 mini) roundabouts and three junctions at which i have to join the more major road, and two zebra's one with a 100 yards of the end.

A Nyloc nut should be more than ok, or use thread lock.
My nuts don't usually come lose, marbles maybe, but I know what you mean, just peeved at the hassle it will now be to remove the rack, I think it was just fatigue overtime I can see why I stripped them, as they or on and off quite often.
I might actually be able to do it with the wheel in situ I will look later.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Well ladies and gents. It looks like autumn is finally here for a lot of us. I hope you have you're winter drawers at the ready., and that you've all got your winter wear all sorted out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom