Show us your.......newbie progress! [4 Sep 2012 - 4 Oct 2014]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Well the chain didn't seem to catch on the nut, but then it was only very slight anyway and any amount of small force would see the chain past, still need to sort it and make sure it passes with out catching as it will put unnecessary wear on the chain somewhere it wasn't designed for it, it the mean time, I will have change from the middle to the outer before I get down as far as the 12th providing I remember
Hmmm, not sure I understood any of that as usual :laugh:
Wet and windy here today, plus my undercarriage needs to recover so a day off methinks. In fact, the upcoming week or so doesn't look very promising so might not be much riding.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Have fun - I can remember "10 Speed Racers" as well - there's a few 'mature' riders here. :smile:
Wotcha talkin' about :laugh:

@Mo1959 previous post

Well it will be awhile, but maybe next year. Just stripped a thread for my rack, short term fix a bolt on the inside just enough clearance once filled down a little, I will make a bit thinner later, but need to return a lens to a friend, which is why the frame will be some time yet as I need a new lens, It might be easier to try and save for a complete bike, then transfer the shifters and mechs over with the chainset, but that won't happen next year as I would need a new tiagra triple shifter and a new chainset, so need to find a more permanent solution to the thread, it may be that once I have the nut right the rack may have to be permanent apart from maintenance

12th being my smallest rear gear where the chain might catch going back upto the 13th

Dan87

Formerly fixieplugrider
i've been commuting to work on my fixed on and off since April now. progressing well and working my legs more at the gym. need to work on the fitness side of things so i don't get as gassed so easy whilst riding. then slowly work up to doing more lengthy rides.

Big_Dave

The unlikely Cyclist
Have fun - I can remember "10 Speed Racers" as well - there's a few 'mature' riders here. :smile:
Ahhh, The old "racers" what an era!!, although an old school friend of mine had a 10 speed Raleigh chopper, only one I have ever seen even to this day, not that they handled well enough to have 10 gears, they where bad enough on 3 speed lol

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I think he is calling you old Mo, go get him :boxing:

I think your a trouble maker :laugh:

Big_Dave

The unlikely Cyclist
Well the chain didn't seem to catch on the nut, but then it was only very slight anyway and any amount of small force would see the chain past, still need to sort it and make sure it passes with out catching as it will put unnecessary wear on the chain somewhere it wasn't designed for it, it the mean time, I will have change from the middle to the outer before I get down as far as the 12th providing I remember
Can you fit a countersink screw from the inside (with the wheel out) and have the nut on the outside?

Went out this afternoon
Had planned a route and exported it onto Garmin
When I went to select the route, I had used that name before!

Selected one the the routes and random and eventually realised it was the wrong one
I more or less made it up from there
The routes were pretty similar despite that
PLanned route was 35 miles and 1477 feet
planned.jpg

Actaul route was 34.4 miles and1017 feet, but as Strava always robs feet problably similar
One bit of the route I changed as roadworks finished on the way home
Also some of the route though appearing similar I did a different way round!
actual.jpg

Amazed at how true to my route I kept despite going the other way round!!
THe one thing was I gave myself a couple of tougher climbs doing it this way

http://www.strava.com/activities/202710656
Nice weather still here, shorts and s/s jersey

So 34.4 miles with 1014 feet @ 15.5 mph
As I am supposed to be tapering off I suppose that is not too hard

P.S. Annoying thying is that my HR strap/monitor has more or less packed up
I did replace battery, but unless there is a connection problem in strap, it will need to be replaced

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom