Show us your.......newbie progress!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I clocked up a 1000 miles so far this year yesterday giving me a total of 1900 since I started seriously in May last year. I set myself a goal of 1250 miles this year which should be easily achievable at my current rate. Average speed not really increasing though..... when out on my own I seem to get to around 14 mph but the 15 mph average (the next step for me) seems to be ever elusive!
Yes as @Nigelnaturist says it depends on the sort of riding. Hills, town centres etc have an impactgently hilly terrain canugh steeper hills really take the ave speed down. Speed comes if you persist.

Nomadski

I Like Bikes
My ride today I hit 15.6mph average somehow. I do that loop a bit, but the other way and usually get around the 14mph range. My usual average is somewhere between 13-14.5mph. Today, with the hillier route, and 4pm-6pm traffic I still managed 15.6mph. :blink:

I'm going to put it down to pretending I was Jason Kenny every time I had a flat section.

sutts

Hi all, just a quick question really, but I don't want to start a thread. I don't understand tyre sizes and their relation to wheel sizes and don't really want to, but I do want to put a different tyre size on my bike (so it could be argued that I now need to..:tongue:). Current bike has 700x30 tyres fitted to AXIS 2.0 Disc wheels. Can I change them to 700x28 so I can put Marathon+ on?

Thanks...

13 rider

Guru
Hi all, just a quick question really, but I don't want to start a thread. I don't understand tyre sizes and their relation to wheel sizes and don't really want to, but I do want to put a different tyre size on my bike (so it could be argued that I now need to..:tongue:). Current bike has 700x30 tyres fitted to AXIS 2.0 Disc wheels. Can I change them to 700x28 so I can put Marathon+ on?

Thanks...
Almost certainly yes 700 is the wheel size and 30 or 28 is the width of the tyre most rims will accept a range of tyre widths

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
@13 rider beat me to it.

@Stonechat I am losing a 1lb a day at the mo

Can you lose some for me please?

Big health scare last month and I have been off my bike for 5 weeks and have piled on 6 pounds.

I think I am able to cycle now and was going to give it a crack today but it is *issing down.

Not looking forward to my 'first' ride as I know it will be hard - and this is a barrier in itself to getting back out there. Stuck at a tad under 1000 miles up until first week of July. Bit fed up with the whole situation but in reality it could've been a lot worse.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Can you lose some for me please?

Big health scare last month and I have been off my bike for 5 weeks and have piled on 6 pounds.

I think I am able to cycle now and was going to give it a crack today but it is *issing down.

Not looking forward to my 'first' ride as I know it will be hard - and this is a barrier in itself to getting back out there. Stuck at a tad under 1000 miles up until first week of July. Bit fed up with the whole situation but in reality it could've been a lot worse.

I'm glad you can get back out there. Just enjoy a slow pootle.:okay:

OP
OP
Nigelnaturist
forget that lost another 1lb in a day and half, scales says a bmi of 15 though I suspect nearer 22, more accurate I believe is Waist Hip 0.97 and Waist Height 0.47 (both in ratios) in both cases the lower the ratio = less fat

This is a short table showing weight since 25/7

upload_2016-8-20_14-59-59.png

I know I should be more consistent time wise but I am only checking not to serious about it, bar maybe losing to much to quickly

sutts

I've lost the will to live! I changed my tyres today to Marathon +... and oh my God, what a farce! Every time I do this, I end up with a back-ache, several burst inner tubes, broken tyre levers and a general hated of cycling! It was hell, sheer and utter hell getting those damned things on the rims...and I just know when I go out tomorrow the inner tube will explode, it always does. I'm useless, absolutely totally and utterly useless at putting these tyres on, or in fact any sort of cycle maintenance at all. :tongue:

Top Bottom