Show us your.......newbie progress!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Eribiste

Careful with that axle Eugene
OP
OP
Nigelnaturist
Hot ride!

I too had a blast today, seeing just shy of 87 kph coming off the Malvern Hills back down to Welland.
I don't think I will ever do it again, I don't think I could have done another Km at anything like that pace.

OP
OP
Nigelnaturist
That same limit is elusive to me. It takes a while to fully warm up (for me)
This was exceptional Bob, I had (so I was lead to believe) 10 mins to cover nearly 3 miles to get to my friends surgery for his medication (script) he had been promised earlier in the day, I am not sure I could have kept it up more than another 500m, I was lucky in that all bar a shortish climb was either flat or down hill.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Crikey - I thought this (very good) thread had died for good. :smile:

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
The way my average speed has dropped off I think I should join in again. Lol.

Hope you're doing well Spokey :hello:

@Mo1959

Hi Mo.

Had a bad year last year as I was ill from July onwards - all ok now but I have been off my bike for months and am effectively a Newbie again. I did have a short potter on Sunday (a heady 10 miles) and I have discovered that I have dropped 50 seconds per mile. :wacko:

My newly gained stone of lard is not helping methinks. :hungry: Too much of this!

Hope all is well your end and that your injury is not giving you ongoing grief.

Not seen Nigel about for a while either!

The way my average speed has dropped off I think I should join in again. Lol.

Hope you're doing well Spokey :hello:
Well following shoulder fracture my speed dropped away, perhaps not on the flat but when there was climbing, however I am hopeful it is coming back
Used to enjoy this thread

@SpokeyDokey yes when I stopped, put on 6 lbs in the first two weeks, another 3 soon after.
Not entirely come off, and I have cut out those extra snacks etc

Last edited:

Mo1959

Legendary Member
My newly gained stone of lard is not helping methinks. :hungry: Too much of this!

Hope all is well your end and that your injury is not giving you ongoing grief.
No, shoulder was obviously well fixed by the surgeon as it doesn't bother me, but like you and Stonechat I have put on a bit of extra weight too, plus the lower back and right knee niggle away. Still putting in reasonable miles but at a much slower pace than I was.

As long as we are still getting out there it's got to be better than sitting on the couch though. Glad you're picking up again too.

Top Bottom