Show us your.......newbie progress!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lilliburlero

Pro sandbagger
Here`s me in 2014. Just a newbie, knocking around the local trails on the bike I`d recently received on the c2w scheme. OMFG! :eek:
imag0915-jpg-54274-jpg.279414.jpg

Fast forward to 2017. My first sportive :wahhey:
rob19828-682x1024-jpg.353100.jpg

Most of my progress is down to CC, especially the monthly challenges :highfive:

Thanks all :hugs:

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Here`s me in 2014. Just a newbie, knocking around the local trails on the bike I`d recently received on the c2w scheme. OMFG! :eek:
View attachment 353646

View attachment 353647

I'm calling photoshop, you don't look that good in real life :tongue:

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!

SirDickieBird

Don't know about much progress but 2 months ago when I started getting out for a ride, I found myself a 10mile round trip as thought I wouldn't have time for long rides (I've since made the time...)

Thing is on that first ride I was going at what was near the top of what I could sustain for that distance and felt pretty tired afterwards.

2 months on and I did the same ride / route exactly and felt around the same levels of exertion along the route.

But...I am now 10 minutes quicker than the first run, but as I improve I'm not finding the route easier - as i get better I'm trying to go faster still...

Never-ending battle?

Also managed to get myself at #1 on a strava segment! (for this year, not all time). Only 70 people done it and it's only 1 minute long but I am on a MTB(!)

Heigue'r

Veteran
Don't know about much progress but 2 months ago when I started getting out for a ride, I found myself a 10mile round trip as thought I wouldn't have time for long rides (I've since made the time...)

Thing is on that first ride I was going at what was near the top of what I could sustain for that distance and felt pretty tired afterwards.

2 months on and I did the same ride / route exactly and felt around the same levels of exertion along the route.

But...I am now 10 minutes quicker than the first run, but as I improve I'm not finding the route easier - as i get better I'm trying to go faster still...

Never-ending battle?

Also managed to get myself at #1 on a strava segment! (for this year, not all time). Only 70 people done it and it's only 1 minute long but I am on a MTB(!)

Ive read numerous times that it never gets easier...just faster

Harv

4 8 15 16 23 42
Didn’t get easier today for me.

Went out but it was too icy. Fell off the bike twice. Ouch.

The first time my partner was drafting me. They rode straight in to me.

The second fall was less than 100m from the house.

Bruised ribs and ego. I was keen to get out. Next time I’ll check the weather.

I’m think about getting a turbo trainer bike for the winter now.

Didn’t get easier today for me.

Went out but it was too icy. Fell off the bike twice. Ouch.

The first time my partner was drafting me. They rode straight in to me.

The second fall was less than 100m from the house.

Bruised ribs and ego. I was keen to get out. Next time I’ll check the weather.

I’m think about getting a turbo trainer bike for the winter now.
Well I am recovering from two broken ribs. I am still on the indoor bike, not ventured out yet

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Well I am recovering from two broken ribs. I am still on the indoor bike, not ventured out yet
Hopefully not be much longer Bob. I'm having a bit of a break from the bike at the moment. Partly because I just fancy a break but mostly due to the weather. I just won't risk even the slightest chance of ice and wet, filthy roads when there hasn't been frost isn't inspiring either. Hoping the rest will rejuvenate me when I get going again.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
View attachment 353646

View attachment 353647

What progress you have made and what a differance. Well done. You are certainly an inspiration to others :notworthy:

Hopefully not be much longer Bob. I'm having a bit of a break from the bike at the moment. Partly because I just fancy a break but mostly due to the weather. I just won't risk even the slightest chance of ice and wet, filthy roads when there hasn't been frost isn't inspiring either. Hoping the rest will rejuvenate me when I get going again.
Well seems to have been a bad winter which must be even more so for you
I am sure my fitness is now improving a little

Top Bottom