Show us your steel.....its real...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ant_tip

It's a 1976 Gazelle Champion Mondial A frame and no-one else bid for it on eBay.

There's just enough room between the chainstays for 28mm tyres and close fitting full mudguards and it has the eyelets and everything.

I registered on this forum just to ask you @RedRider : Would there be enough space for 33mm tires without mudguards?

I have my eyes set on a similar frame so I would like to know.. I'm planning a SS gravel bike.

Last edited:

Denis99

Über Member
New frame from Condor (Fratello).

Built up over the weekend.

DSCF2292.jpg

booze and cake

probably out cycling
Nice Condor @Denis99.

I've gone green too. A combination of fat arse, high speed and crap roads, meant I recently snapped a rail on the black Flite saddle on my Simoncini. When a green replacement Flite came up, I decided to break one of my own long held rules of only black or white bar tape, and got some green bar tape too. Here it is with its everyday wheels.
aUB65mg.jpg

When a set of yellow edition Pirelli P-zero tyres were spotted on eBay, I snapped them up for its Sunday best wheels, just to make it even more rowdy. ^_^
0iH7TQD.jpg

chriswoody

Legendary Member
2016 Kona Sutra LTD, based on the Kona Sutra touring bike. Cromoly steel frame with Hydraulic discs, SRAM 1x11 drivetrain and clearance for 50mm tyres. It's festooned with mounting points for bottle and carry cages and designed for long distance touring over mixed terrain. I picked it up last Sunday and have some big bike-packing tours planned as well as lots of gravel riding this winter.

All uphill

Still rolling along
Here's my budget tourer.

I started cycling distances three years ago with a 1994 Marin Stinson, with Tange tubes. It cost me 25 pounds.

It was so comfortable that I have gradually spent all the money I'd originally saved! The major cost was a beautiful respray by Argos in Bristol.

I've learnt lots with this bike, building and truing wheels and replacing just about every other part.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Three steel bikes I currently own.

1967 Dawes Kingpin

1978 Raleigh Twenty

1992 Refurbished Raleigh Scorpio

Last edited:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Here's my budget tourer.

I started cycling distances three years ago with a 1994 Marin Stinson, with Tange tubes. It cost me 25 pounds.

It was so comfortable that I have gradually spent all the money I'd originally saved! The major cost was a beautiful respray by Argos in Bristol.
View attachment 500882

I've learnt lots with this bike, building and truing wheels and replacing just about every other part.
Similar but with a 'Tange' framed Ridgeback ,

Top Bottom