Silly STRAVA Racing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Will - here's a consolation prize from the deleted ride, and a public acknowledgement that you were pretty quick:

Uh oh! Willhub . just stole your KOM!

Hey Blake,
You just lost your KOM on manc run in reverse to Willhub . by 25 seconds.
Now get out there, have fun and be safe.

-Your friends at Strava

Ah that segment - no chance when I come through as it's usually rush hour. I'm a lowly 19th

400bhp

Guru
1. 400BHP, is there not a way to flag individual segments, the problem is, flagging a ride deleted all listing.

2. I'm not Mark Cavendish I can't suddenly sprint to 43mph, when I do 30mph down that road I just hold 30mph rather than sprints.

3. I would MUCH prefer to use a my Garmin Edge 605, but it appears to cost £100+ to repair. Any KOM I get though If I'm not confident that it was true then at one point I would flag it myself (untill I find Strava just basically press a button and have the whole ride removed from any listings which is unfair)

4. I used to use Strava on a HTC Sensation, and from time to time the phone recorded dodgy results, but my current phone (HTC OneX) is bang on when compared to like a Garmin Edge 800.

5. And what's wrong with my avatar pic?

1. Unfortunately I don't think there is?

2. Are you saying that the gps data on your ride is incorrect? This gives more weight to why someone would flag your ride-if it's incorrect reading 43mph on your route, where else is it incorrect?.

3. What's wrong with it? Have you asked on here about repairs?

4. See 2.

5. It may imply to some people that you are not a "serious" cyclist, indeed not someone that can hold 30+ for a mile or so. Hence, first impressions, which may lead to some people not taking your rides seriously.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
Nearly bought the farm attacking a segement this morning, karma for seeing and opportunity to draft a bus until some fecker on the bus pressed the button for a request stop right on top of the bus stop me cranking up out of the saddle!

lejogger

Guru
The segment count for my commute is now up to at least 11, however they're all pretty popular and over the summer guys have slowly taken most of them away from me, even though I think I've almost held all the KOMs at one point or another.

Is it incredibly sad that either tonight or in the morning I'm planning to ride to work and back on the carbon bike, even though I don't have to go to work, just so I can attack them all properly without panniers, mudguards and the slow commuter steed?!

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
The segment count for my commute is now up to at least 11, however they're all pretty popular and over the summer guys have slowly taken most of them away from me, even though I think I've almost held all the KOMs at one point or another.

Is it incredibly sad that either tonight or in the morning I'm planning to ride to work and back on the carbon bike, even though I don't have to go to work, just so I can attack them all properly without panniers, mudguards and the slow commuter steed?!

Strava addictive nah..... :whistle:

400bhp

Guru

Awaits outcome.....

1. Unfortunately I don't think there is?

2. Are you saying that the gps data on your ride is incorrect? This gives more weight to why someone would flag your ride-if it's incorrect reading 43mph on your route, where else is it incorrect?.

3. What's wrong with it? Have you asked on here about repairs?

4. See 2.

5. It may imply to some people that you are not a "serious" cyclist, indeed not someone that can hold 30+ for a mile or so. Hence, first impressions, which may lead to some people not taking your rides seriously.

The GPS data for that segment may well be, it's not incorrect for the whole ride, that ride was just a steady mostly recovery ride but I got to a segment and thought, oh bugger it I'll give it a blast.

As for my Garmin, battery dead, screen just white.

400bhp

Guru
1. The GPS data for that segment may well be, it's not incorrect for the whole ride, that ride was just a steady mostly recovery ride but I got to a segment and thought, oh bugger it I'll give it a blast.

2. As for my Garmin, battery dead, screen just white.

1. As I was saying, if there are gps errors on your ride then this may lead some people to flag your ride.

2. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Garmin-Edge-605-Battery-1250/dp/B003XUVT7C and http://www.batteryeducation.com/2011/10/garmin-edge-605-battery-replacement-instructions.html

potsy

Rambler
Got a couple of pb's today, nice ride to work and back on the Secteur instead of the laden CX.
Knocked 5 seconds off one segment, and 3 off another, little steps :thumbsup:

Top Bottom