Simple, good honest meals...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
It's a reminder sometimes, food doesnt have to be fancy for you to love it. Tonight we had no great plan so i made mash potatoes, plenty of grated cheese and chopped spring onion chucked in, sliced tomato covered in cheese on top, grilled....:hungry:. A quick omelette on the side and a few baked beans.
Quick, cheap, healthy....and very enjoyable.
Your favourite, simple, food ?

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
Scrambled eggs on toast

Possibly with cheese sprinkled on the top.

And a big pot of tea

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Baked potato, done in the oven, not 10 minutes PING..
Topped with whatever needs using up. A bit of chopped bacon or ham, or grated cheese, maybe.
Side salad, washed down with a cold beer 🍻

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Yep, Tuna Pasta,

• 3-4 cloves of Garlic
  • Tin of Tuna
  • 400g tin of Plum or Chopped Tomatoes
  • 250g Pasta shapes (Shells or Twists work well)
  • Teaspoon of Dried Basil
  • Salt for the Pasta water
  • Grated Cheese (optional)
Gently fry some crushed/chopped Garlic in either Olive Oil or the Sunflower Oil from the tin of Tuna then add a tin of chopped Tomatoes or a blended tin of Plum ones and bring to a simmer. Meanwhile get the water on for the Pasta and once boiling add Salt and the Oil from the Tuna (if not already used in the sauce) When the Pasta is nearly cooked fork the Tuna through the sauce and add a teaspoon of dried Basil then drain the fully cooked Pasta and add to the sauce. Serve with grated Cheese (meal for 2 or starter for 4)

It takes about 20 minutes start to scoffing and I've even cooked it on a single ring whilst camping but then you need to start the Pasta off first and when boiling remove from the heat and leave to cook with a lid on under its own heat.

1 tip, don't use fresh Basil, I tried it once and it's not as nice

WhatsApp Image 2020-01-29 at 12.26.15.jpeg

cheeky lunch burger(s) erm yes two of them

WhatsApp Image 2020-03-05 at 12.34.31.jpeg

My normal working lunch a fully loaded salad plate

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Cacio e pepe- my new favourite fast food.

Grate up a heap of pecorino cheese, start cooking your pasta. When the pasta is al dente, mix in some of the water with the cheese to make a cheese sauce. Add the al dente pasta and toss with ground black peppers. Lovely on it’s own and takes 10 minutes.

Top Bottom