Sir Usain Bolt ?

Yes or no ?

• Yes

Votes: 12 26.7%
  • No

Votes: 33 73.3%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
No way , jen can run faster

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
No one comes off well in that. It's seems neither of them knows what a metre is.
I have seen a few of their videos , i think its a wind up channel as "jen " always come across as a bit of a div, my favourite one was why in spain not hotter than the uk , its 3 hours closer to the sun which is only 100 hours away on a plane

I have seen a few of their videos , i think its a wind up channel as "jen " always come across as a bit of a div, my favourite one was why in spain not hotter than the uk , its 3 hours closer to the sun which is only 100 hours away on a plane
OK, outside my humour range. Never found anything to do with Karl Pilkington funny either

(though I cherish the memory of some colleagues who convinced a co-worker that you needed to let food stand after microwaving because it was full of microwaves. If you ate it too soon, the microwaves would cook your stomach. She would physically prevent people from eating food they had just microwaved)

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
not in Ireland must be a british thing.
Terry Wogan was also knighted. As an honoury award.

U

User6179

Geldof's honour was honorary. That's why he's "Sir" Bob, and not Sir Bob.

And he got it for service he did in the UK, not for running very fast for Jamaica. Which, by the way, I would love to see. :smile:

Why would you want to see Bob Geldof run fast for Jamaica ?

PaulSB

Legendary Member
A man runs very fast and, presumably, earns a lot of money. Why would this deserve an honour?

I am very supportive of recognising the contribution made by many to our society through their often unsung efforts.

I'm equally against handing out "honours" to the many "celebrity" recipients for little more than effectively doing their job....... and being paid enormous sums to do so.

I've no wish to pick out Usain Bolt, net worth £26m, but the thread is about him. What contribution has he made to society? How has he helped others? I don't think the "inspiring young people" to take up sport has much credence.

Does he even live in the UK? I don't know.

Last edited:

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Poll needed a third option:-

3. it's 2017, way past time to ditch this ridiculous system
Not so much 'ditch' the system, just alter it a bit. Anyone due to receive a knighthood should have to fight an existing knight for the honour. I'd love to see Usain Bolt jousting with Sir Bob Geldof and fighting to the bitter end... it'd make great TV.

Top Bottom